Looking for a welder willing to help

plaidfro

I need to build an anti-wrap bar for my D44 rear axle on my SOA YJ. I believe I am looking for the style with two points mounting vertically on the axle next to the diff running up to a single tube mounted on a shackle that mounts to a crossmember by the skid plate. MORE and Sam's make a set up for this, but those seem a bit pricey, and still would require some welding and fabwork. Maybe if I could find one used for a steal of a price.

I am still trying to get a time setup with MikeGuyver to get my rear swing out tire carrier reinforced and mounted. He seems busy, and unavailable currently... maybe if we get a time set up it would be a good time to put the anti wrap bar in as well? Anyways, if there is someone else out the local willing to help me out with this project I can try to make it worth your while.

Thanks,

Brandon

plaidfro

I have my old Drag link which is beefy DOM tubing with heim joints on the end that will be the perfect length for the main beam in the anti-wrap bar.
Just need some tube and a heim for the lower mount at the axle, a short shackle, and some tube to make a crossmember with.

plaidfro

You don't need to use heims at all points.I use bushings at the axle and a heim at the shackle.

I agree with that... especially about a heim joint at the shackle. Should help with a little twist articulation. I will have to find someone who could help fab up a ladder bar with me.

BEACH

Casey Beach Racing
Supporting Member
Im willing to help as well. Give me a call and we can talk about a time and price. Casey 801-571-1411