Looking for CJ back rack ideas

redrussell

I'm in the middle of trying to design and start building a back rack for my Jeep. I will be eventually doing a coil over rear suspension and may extend the frame beyond the body to allow for more storage areas and a space to move my fuel tank up and make it a cell. That is just a ways down the road though. Also load-out brackets for the jeep overall are an option as well. I do want to retain my backseat though since we have kids and they love riding in the jeep with me. I will need to be able to keep a top on the jeep, that is one requirement. I have to carry 10 gals of fuel and 10 gals of water(for being in the remote areas I am), Full-size spare(35"-38.5"), Hi-lift jack, Maxx tool kit, tool bag(Measures 10"wx36"lx10"), I would like a decent cooler. Those are just the basics. For winter trips and such I plan to have a hard top and it will have a rack on the back part so some load can be moved there as well. I want to avoooid having low hanging things off the back but keep the weight low. Let me see or hear your ideas please.