Looking for wheelin' buddies in the Moab area

Jumanji

My brother and I will be in Moab Thursday October 8, 2009 through Monday October 12, 2009 and are looking to tag along with someone (or a club) on some trail rides. We will be using a modified rental Rubicon from Cliffhanger. This is our second annual wheelin' trip in Moab and because we were alone in one vehicle last year, we were a little uneasy and it kept us off of some of the better trails (Seven Mile Rim is as extreme as we got).

If anyone will be on the trails during these dates, please let me know. thanks in advance.

jeffq@hvc.rr.com

chans

We are going to be there the 9th through the 13th if you want to tag along on some trails. We will be running Poison Spider and Hells for sure and haven't decided on the others. I will hopefully be there in the Jeep if the weather cooperates if not it will be the truck since I don't have a decent top or heat in the Jeep. There will also be another Taco and maybe a YJ.

SSII

Wannabe!
We are going to be there the 9th through the 13th if you want to tag along on some trails. We will be running Poison Spider and Hells for sure and haven't decided on the others. I will hopefully be there in the Jeep if the weather cooperates if not it will be the truck since I don't have a decent top or heat in the Jeep. There will also be another Taco and maybe a YJ.

Say high if you see us. We will be in a orange Scout on 42s and a Red Bobbed IH Traveler on 37s. :) We are running Rusty Nail, Metal Masher, The dunes north of Metal Masher, Pritchett, Behind the Rocks backwards from Pritchett, Helldorado and Area BFE.

chans

Say high if you see us. We will be in a orange Scout on 42s and a Red Bobbed IH Traveler on 37s. :) We are running Rusty Nail, Metal Masher, The dunes north of Metal Masher, Pritchett, Behind the Rocks backwards from Pritchett, Helldorado and Area BFE.

I will keep a lookout. Shouldn't be too many orange Scouts on 42s :D

Jumanji

Yeah, maybe we can hook up while we're out there. Unfortunately, there a few trails that we aren't allowed to run in this rental (Area B.F.E., Behind the Rocks, Golden Spike, Moab Rim, Poison Spider, Pritchett Canyon, Hey Joe Canyon and Rusty Nail). As far as I know, all the others are fair game, unless things have changed. If you'd like to shoot me an email with your cell, it's jeffq@hvc.rr.com.

Thanks

chans

Yeah, maybe we can hook up while we're out there. Unfortunately, there a few trails that we aren't allowed to run in this rental (Area B.F.E., Behind the Rocks, Golden Spike, Moab Rim, Poison Spider, Pritchett Canyon, Hey Joe Canyon and Rusty Nail). As far as I know, all the others are fair game, unless things have changed. If you'd like to shoot me an email with your cell, it's jeffq@hvc.rr.com.

Thanks

Email sent. They don't let you run Poison Spider? I can understand Hey Joe because of all the pin striping and the others because of rolls or body damage but Poison Spider can be done in a stock vehicle.

Jumanji

Nope, Poison Spider is on the no-no list, guess it's a $300 fine if you're caught on the forbidden trails. My guess is that somebody who doesn't know how to drive broke something on Poison Spider. I do want to try Fins and Things. Just have to make sure we don't destroy anything on the Jeep, we break it, we buy it and I'd rather spend the money on my own projects.