LT's Wild RamCharger

LT is new to the board, He just joined up. He is from my hometown of Los Alamos NM and we both wheel up here in Utah alot. He is a wild guy. He has been into wheeling along time. He has owned several built to the hilt CHevys, and a few Dodges. Right now he has a 87 Dodge Ramcharger which he calls his beater. The motor is a 360 bored over 0.3. He got real happy with the Sawsall and cut tons of the body off, including the roof, and front and fenders. He has a roll cage that is under fab right now. He now has a dana 60 going in for the front and a Corp 14 for the rear. He has Hydr. steering and a bunch of other stuff. He has new tires, 42 Irocs and beadlock rims.

I let him tell you about it. Here are his pictures:

Attachments

• post-2784-1200531333_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531333_thumb.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 57
  • post-2784-1200531413_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531413_thumb.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 55
  • post-458-1192815070_thumb.jpg
    post-458-1192815070_thumb.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 185
  • post-2784-1200531439_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531439_thumb.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 54
  • post-2784-1200531476_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531476_thumb.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
Merry Christmas to y'all as well. As far as the 2wd steering box goes you would be correct for a Chevy. The Dodge uses the same box but, the box for the 4wd is mounted to a bracket. The bracket is what I broke. I just need to remove the bracket, move the box towards the steering wheel four inches, and mount it in the 2wd location (there are already holes for it there). Then I already purchased the correct pitman arm and the cross over steering set up. Then I need to drill and tap the stock box. The frame needs to be boxed and braced for the steering due to the tremendous amounts of force it will see. Next up is the hydro assist ram and the cooler.

LT.
So are you doing all of the steering stuff before bringing it up to me?? Or just getting it reattached so I can get to it?? Looking forward to the build up brother!!
Matt

LT.

So are you doing all of the steering stuff before bringing it up to me?? Or just getting it reattached so I can get to it?? Looking forward to the build up brother!!
Matt

It looks like I will be finishing the steering before I bring it to you. I really don't think that there is any logic to having a more flexable rig if you can't steer it. First things first, ya' trackin'? I just don't know what else to do at this stage of the . However, I am thinking that I will just see how well it steers before I go with the hydro assist. I may be able to bring it to you with just the cross over and the high steer. I just need to see how well it does before I commit to anything else. Besides, I still am waiting on the shocks to show up. At this rate the steering will be in and installed before I even get the shocks. I order the shocks on December 3rd and they told me between 10 and 14 days.

LT.

LT.

How did it steer before? I dont remember you cussing about it in Moab. It should steer the same or better with the high steer kit

It did steer great in Moab. I think that the only problem that I had was a loose belt on the steering pump. I am glad that you brought that up. I may still hold off on the ram until I see how it will do without it.

LT.

LT.

I spoke to the fella at FOA shocks on Saturday the 3rd and he told me that my shocks were in Albuquerque and that I should get them on Monday. We will have to wait and see. I also had the misfortune of needing a repair done to the front of the dually. Nothing major but I thought that if I was going to be there that I had better take care of another issue with the front end as well. When I finish it I will post up some pictures of it. I am hoping to be done with the front end of the dually on Friday or Saturday at the latest.

LT.

LT.

Shocks showed up today! They are a little bit heavier than I had hoped for. I was really hoping to keep getting lighter than I am now but, it looks like I have the Beater as light as it is ever gonna get. I will take pictures when I get the camera.

LT.

LT.

The tow rigs repair and modification bill came to a whopping sum of money. The coil-overs may have to wait until after EJS. I am going to try and scrape some money together but I am not going to make any promises. The dually goes in for surgery on Friday at 0900 hours. Hope for the best.

LT.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
whats wrong with the poor girl?

My Stuporduty is having some problems as well. I think its the Exhaust Back Pressure Valve from what Ive been reading and asking on the Powerchoke forums. No money to fixer tho so its just sitting..

LT.

The big girl needs an alignment and there maybe a track bar issue. I am also going to have the front wheels re-balanced. But, since I am going to be there anyways I had a little something special planed for her. I will post up pictures after I get it finished on Friday. You will love it!

I am not very familar with the Powerstrokes so, I can only guess as to what you are talking about. How much will it cost to fix?

LT.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Prioritize!!
Your Tow rig was awsome as it was, you don't need to do anything else to it. Just ask yourself, will I get the bang for the buck, will it add substancal value to the truck. So what ever you do, is it worth it? Is the performance or look that much better that you will get a return on your money? Will it perform better to the point that it will pay for its self? Those are the questions you need to ask yourself. Remember, every add on you put on a truck you will never get back when you sell.:-\

The shocks look great!! Since you spent the money on the shocks I would make it a priority and put them in.

About your worries on weight of the shocks, If they were any lighter, they would also be weaker. YOu don't want to skimp in this area. Even as stout as they are I have seen them bend and crumple in places like the Tank trap etc.... So you want these to be heavy -duty( emphasis on the HEAVY).

LT.

I don't care too much for the weight. If the weight of the rig (over all) is less then you can get away from breaking too many parts. If your rig only weighs 2000 lbs then you can get away with Dana 44's and a four banger. Then you would not have to spend the money on one tons, V-8's, bigger tires and the like. For instance cheaper, lighter, smaller, parts. Everything in moderation. The dually has started to rub on the front tires. Along with the other maintenance items that need to be done this was the time to start to address the dually. I can't get to Moab (or to Matt's for the modifications on the beater) if I don't have the dually working properly. The tow rig had to be addressed. I cannot afford to be purchasing 7 new tires again, due to a poorly working front end. This was cheaper in the long run. Long story short I had to take care of this so that I could keep it up and running.

On another note Tiffany wrecked her truck again this morning. This time she ended up running into a cop car. Not quite a "T" bone as she hit the cop car on the rear quarter pannel. The dually had to get fixed since the wife is now driving my daily driver.

LT.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Holy Diver!! She wrecked her beautiful Truck!!!!:eek: In to a cop no less!!:confused: That is bad luck!!! Sorry I did not know about that, I hate it for ya! :(

On your dually, are the tires rubbing when you turn sharp or when you get air born?:rofl:

LT.

Holy Diver!! She wrecked her beautiful Truck!!!!:eek: In to a cop no less!!:confused: That is bad luck!!! Sorry I did not know about that, I hate it for ya! :(

On your dually, are the tires rubbing when you turn sharp or when you get air born?:rofl:

The tires started to rub about 4 months ago. I think that some of it has to do with the way is sits in the drive way. The rear of the truck is up hill and all the weight is on the front end. That and the weight of the Cummins was enough to make the springs settle enough so that the bolts on my mud flaps were starting to catch on the outer lugs of the tires. I really don't want munched up fenders. Add that to the maintence that I have to do and it just had to be addressed before something left me stranded.

Yeah, she has now managed to wreck her $40,000.00 truck twice now and the truck is only 11 months old. I did get a call from the insurance company and it was only a little less than $800.00. I don't know what the damange to the cop car was or how much it will be.

LT.

LT.

that sux!

Remind me to hide if I see her driving. he he he

Yeah............... really................ she is getting to be real hard on all other forms of traffic. At least she is not picky about who she runs into. Parked car................ mobile cop................................ you get the idea.

LT.

LT.

And then here are some purdy shots with the New Mexico scenery.

Attachments

• IMG_1667.jpg
    IMG_1667.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1668.jpg
    IMG_1668.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1669.jpg
    IMG_1669.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1670.jpg
    IMG_1670.jpg