Machine shop

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Im looking for machine shop to rebuild an old landcruiser head, Who is the go to for this kind of work? Cleggs says they are way to busy and wont even take on any more head work currently. So who is the next best?

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Pro Machine did my Toyota head. (actually, has done several for me over the years)

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Im looking for machine shop to rebuild an old landcruiser head, Who is the go to for this kind of work? Cleggs says they are way to busy and wont even take on any more head work currently. So who is the next best?
Metric Machine Effed up my diesel block, put the cam in 180 degrees out of time, then accused me of tearing down the new short block to eff it up. I'd recommend not going there.
Strausberg in Lindon did the last set of heads I had done. They were quick and reasonably priced.

1969honda

Supporting Member
I wouldn't vote Jensen in Ogden either. Just had them do a 6.0 LS last month. When I picked it up it was a rainy day so I didn't pull the bag off the block to inspect work before leaving. I got home and it still had deep vertical scars big enough to catch fingernails on one cylinder, every cam bearing had tool marks from install that caught my fingernails as well. Heads were covered in what felt and looked like grinder/weld dust and had small pock marks like they had hit the surface while hot.

Horse Power Farms in Benson is where I'll start going back to. They can take a little while, but are really good down to earth guys and very meticulous about their work. 435-753-0663

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I wouldn't vote Jensen in Ogden either. Just had them do a 6.0 LS last month. When I picked it up it was a rainy day so I didn't pull the bag off the block to inspect work before leaving. I got home and it still had deep vertical scars big enough to catch fingernails on one cylinder, every cam bearing had tool marks from install that caught my fingernails as well. Heads were covered in what felt and looked like grinder/weld dust and had small pock marks like they had hit the surface while hot.

Horse Power Farms in Benson is where I'll start going back to. They can take a little while, but are really good down to earth guys and very meticulous about their work. 435-753-0663

Is HorsePower Farms Vern Smith or his kids? They have built some seriously cool engines over the years

1969honda

Supporting Member
Both, everytime I go in Vern or Casey is at the counter. I think Vern has got a couple grandsons learning the trade now as well. It's always a good time visiting the shop and seeing what cool of the wall projects they are working on.