Made front page!

strangeKowboy

Oops i did it again
Not in handcuffs and not being towed! These are my babies and many of you might remember when I first received Freedom my Bald. She came from out by Five Mile Pass and was found by a DCD employee. Well she is doing great and Pueblo Zoo in Colorado is wanting to take her and my other Bald Parker. They are as excited as I am. I am very sad to see them leave, they have become a part of my family. Like I told the news, its kinda like giving away your family dog. Its going to be rough but I know that many many people will get to enjoy seeing them. I am sure there will be a few tears when they leave. As of right now they will be leaving for Colorado on Tues morning. Anyhow here is the post to the Daily Herald, they did a video also. I didnt realize they were filming at the time but was just talking and wham its online so kinda caught me off guard.
http://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/article_41615650-73c3-5c44-b13e-840076db5750.html?mode=video

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
That is awesome to see them get a good home. It might be hard but at least you know something good will come out of it.

strangeKowboy

Oops i did it again
:cool: So are you Patty or Dean :D

Great job!

Ha Ha I would be Dean I figure lol Patti is the Director of Great Basin Wildlife and we have worked together for three years now. She is a wonderful woman and I had to beg her to train me and help me get my permits. She has taught me many things. These two Balds were my babies and between the two of us were able to help them survive. And Thanks! Come see some of our Educational Wildlife at the Sportmans Expo March 17-20. Let me know your from RME and I will be sure to make sure you get a picture with your family with one of our hawks, owls, and falcons. I will be there everyday open to close so just look for the tall bald guy walking around with some cool birds.

muleskinner

Ha Ha I would be Dean I figure lol Patti is the Director of Great Basin Wildlife and we have worked together for three years now. She is a wonderful woman and I had to beg her to train me and help me get my permits. She has taught me many things. These two Balds were my babies and between the two of us were able to help them survive. And Thanks! Come see some of our Educational Wildlife at the Sportmans Expo March 17-20. Let me know your from RME and I will be sure to make sure you get a picture with your family with one of our hawks, owls, and falcons. I will be there everyday open to close so just look for the tall bald guy walking around with some cool birds.

Cool, my kids would love to see them.

Bob B

VERY COOL. SO are you the one who is grabbing up the bird? My wife use to do that at the tracy aviary. I never thought it was a big deal till I saw them do it in person and heard stories about people being "footed" and the damage they can do. Very nice catch!. Wonderful work.

strangeKowboy

Oops i did it again
VERY COOL. SO are you the one who is grabbing up the bird? My wife use to do that at the tracy aviary. I never thought it was a big deal till I saw them do it in person and heard stories about people being "footed" and the damage they can do. Very nice catch!. Wonderful work.

Yep that would be me grabbing the bird, What did your wife do? My emphasis is on eagles. And we call it the thru and thru club, talons in one side of the hand and out the other. I have been very lucky. I have a few scars on my arms. I had a golden clinch down on my left eblow, broke skin pretty bad but the pain was from the amount of pressure he used. I was not able to fully use my left arm for over a week. I have been bit a few times and had one Bald that ripped my hat right off my head while aiming for my face (notice how low i carry them now) Freedom has turned out to be a very calm bird with me, not so much with Patti but i have been the only one that has handled her in at least a year and a half so she knows me and I have earned her trust.

mesha

By endurance we conquer

Great basin, as in the national park or the area? I am spending a lot of time there this summer. alot.