Magellan GPS .WPT file Conversion to Garmin .GDB file

chadr

I have a co-worker that would like me to bring in a waypoint file from his Magellan GPS and import them into an autocad file that he can use to make a Route to about 200 different locations. Magellan Software could save a Waypoint file for me to use, but I can't get it to import into my Garmin software for some reason. Is there a way to convert it to a .gdb file without losing the information?

Is there a way to save this .wpt file to something that I can use or is there a way that someone knows that can export the Magellan file to a DXF file or something? I have done it tons of times with my Garmin, but this has me stumped. :confused:

Also, his info is in LAT/LONG coordinates and I know that the cad file is in UTM 83 coordinates. Is there a way to convert it?

Thanks in advance.

chadr

The website I usually use does not list wpt, it has Magellan mapsend....

His software that downloads and uploads his information is Mapsend Streets. The only save options that he has is to save waypoints (.wpt is the only extension) and save tracks (I don't have a track to save so I don't have a way to check the file extension). I have no way to save a whole project with tracks and waypoints like my Garmin has.

chadr

I believe easygps ( http://www.easygps.com/ ) allows you to convert/save and transfer to various GPS units.

That software will let me save to the .gpx extension, but it will not load an existing file. I can maybe try to borrow the gps and try to download the info from the gps so I can save it to the .gpx file. After that, I could have you (Meat) convert it for me if you would. What do you say? :D

chadr

Just to inform you about this... I received the file from Meat and my software was not compatible with the file for some reason. I went to the online update and found a new versions of my Garmin software and installed it. The file came right in after that.

After I imported the file into my new updated software, I was able to export the waypoint files into an AutoCAD DXF file where I was able to insert it into our maps to show the locations that he needed. It worked great.

Thanks Meat! :D