Major wrenching tonight!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Well, the Carb died on me yesterday, so today I have been gathering parts and pulling my motor apart. Time for EFI!! Does this look fun to anybody...........wanna help? I got a EFI Tank and the Head gasket set today and have had the rest of the parts laying around for awhile, which I picked up from Carl.

Attachments

• efiswap1.jpg
    efiswap1.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 190

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
have fun!!!
How do you plan on doing the wiring? When I got my truck it was efi/auto. pulled all the dash out and steering and went carb/stick. lots of fun!!

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
I hope you are joking....
There are idle sensors O2 sencory the main computer...all KINDs of stuff...wanna buy a hrness? you'll have to figure out the tranny diferences..

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by Skyetone
I hope you are joking....
There are idle sensors O2 sencory the main computer...all KINDs of stuff...wanna buy a hrness? you'll have to figure out the tranny diferences..

:p ........Of course I was joking!! I have a Harness, so I'll pass on yours. Thanks though!

MattL

Greg what is the status of the conversion??

Does she breath again in a different way>?

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by miatre
Greg what is the status of the conversion??

Does she breath again in a different way>?

Not hardly...... I just got done with my work week, 12 Hr nights over 4 days......haven't touched it since last Friday when I got it this far. I'll be working on it today and tomorrow, but it may be the end of next week before its driving again.

Greg W

Rock Slut
Originally posted by Skyetone
have fun!!!
How do you plan on doing the wiring? When I got my truck it was efi/auto. pulled all the dash out and steering and went carb/stick. lots of fun!!

hey skye
why in the world did you go carb?

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Originally posted by Greg
I just need a place to post this.....

Ummm...what are we supposed to be looking for? I recognize the spot on the motor, but is there a problem, or.....??

Greg

Admin
Grrrrrrr! What the hell are these plugs for? I'm in the middle of a Carb to EFI Swap on my '85 P/U......

I've got the Head and Intake on, no problem. Now I have the harness going into the Manifold to deal with.

I pulled the Upper Intake Plenum off, for ease of seeing what I was working with, but there are a few plugs that I am unsure of. Who can Identify the numbered items? I searched my FSM to no avail.

I figure there's a Knock Sensor & Oil Pressure Sensor, but what are the rest for?

And where does the missing Vaccum line on #9 (Fuel Pres. Reg.) go to?

#7 is a Stripped, Black wire. Pretty large guage.

Attachments

• 22re-efiswap4.5(#'s).jpg
    22re-efiswap4.5(#'s).jpg
    43 KB · Views: 251

Greg

Admin
Spence: It's not that bad, the only difficult part it not having been the one to pull the harness apart, so putting it together is a big PITA.

Demon: Its just a matter of time, I'll get it. Hopefully before Sat!! I do have a FSM, it still isn't as good as having someone who has done the swap though!