Make your guesses

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
So just locked up the rear end in the F250 on the way home form the bar.
45mph to lock is NO FUN!! Neither is finding a tow at 2am!! And it all happened 3 blocks from home:mad:

I can back up 7/8 of a rotation and then forward the same amount. But it stops SOLID at that point. I want to pull the cover tonight, but I am sure the neighbors wouldn't like the compressor and impact running.
So make your guess on what is wrong. Whoever is right gets a cookie:-\

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Center pin worked out and is hitting the pinion. Ring and pinion are shot. You'll smash three fingers, and one testicle removing the carrier. :D

I'll pick up my cookie next week when I'm back in town.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
So, all the good guesses have already been taken (by BC). -_-

Let me know if you need anything. In fact, I'm heading that way this morning to my parent's house, I'll bring you a bearing puller.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
So, all the good guesses have already been taken (by BC). -_-

Let me know if you need anything. In fact, I'm heading that way this morning to my parent's house, I'll bring you a bearing puller.

You got the nifty cool Randy's one?
how about a r/p and a detroit....
Anybody want a slightly used ARB for a 10.25/10.5:p

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Center pin worked out and is hitting the pinion. Ring and pinion are shot. You'll smash three fingers, and one testicle removing the carrier. :D

That was my immediate guess too....Damn ARB....
Gotta wait for a babysitter before I can check. Ang is at a work conference today:(

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"

You get your cookie when I get my reamer back:p

Haven't dropped the carrier yet....Keeley took too short of a nap.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Wow that sucks. I'll be waiting for Kurt to come in and tell us all about how all ARB failures are the result of installer error. How badly do you really need a locker in the truck?

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
I highly doubt this one was install error! The installer can pipe up if he wants. But he is one of 3 people besides my self that I would trust to do gears....(installed for previous owner)

No I don't need a locker. this ARB case is FUBAR, it would need to be replaced. Not worth the $$ or time for me. I'll go open or detroit. Hoping to find a complete rear end for a quick and dirty swap to get back on the road FAST. I will NOT put genuine gears in it, and that is all that is in stock local today.:(

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I highly doubt this one was install error! The installer can pipe up if he wants. But he is one of 3 people besides my self that I would trust to do gears....(installed for previous owner)

No I don't need a locker. this ARB case is FUBAR, it would need to be replaced. Not worth the $$ or time for me. I'll go open or detroit. Hoping to find a complete rear end for a quick and dirty swap to get back on the road FAST. I will NOT put genuine gears in it, and that is all that is in stock local today.:(

Summit Racing could probably get gears to you by Monday or Tuesday.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
West Coast Diffs now ships everything next day, so I could get you stuff by Tuesday also.

For that matter, we could talk to All Truck on Monday and see if they have a whole housing for you....

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
pics
382471480_Vb32g-M.jpg

382471254_CAX5T-M.jpg

382470389_fcnA7-M.jpg

382470888_FTJiF-M.jpg

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Most of 'em have a little screw-in retainer, or a retainer pin held in with a bolt. Assuming that one's the same, if the screw comes loose/out then it allows the retainer to fall out, which in turn lets the center pin slide out and FUBAR stuff.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Wow that sucks. I'll be waiting for Kurt to come in and tell us all about how all ARB failures are the result of installer error. How badly do you really need a locker in the truck?

I've never said "all", I've said the majority, and that I standby. I can tell you how none of the hundreds I have sold nor Carl or myself setup and install have had ANY failures ;) Thats the only thing the matters in my world :D I can't vouch for anyone elses work or experiences ;)

I've also said that the ARB Toyota offerings are likely very different than their other offerings, I wouldn't know and I'm not likely too anytime soon. The LC ones are well designed, have an exceptionally low failures and when set up correctly are extremely reliable. That I will stand behind :D

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
That really sucks Marc, wish there was an easy fix.

I had something similar happen, it was a rear Dana 44 in a Waggy and the roll pin came out, allowing the cross-pin to lock up the pinion every once in awhile. We were actually test driving it and the guy was selling it because it needed the rear axle 'rebuilt'. A 99 cent roll-pin fixed the problem. :greg: