Man vs Wild

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
funny how he says in that video that shade is an hour walk away, yet more than once in that video I can see several opportunities for shade.

And pissing on your head wrap? then wrapping it around your face....right! I'd like to see the show, but I'm not impressed by that short video.

I'd believe it more if he was carrying his own camera instead of hauling around a camera man. How is the camera man 'surviving' out there? Not trying to slam on the show too much as I have not seen a whole episode, but the short video is not that impressive.

Brad J

This show is awesome!

I agree. Its one of a few shows that have made me regret cancelling our Dish Network. A funny one was in Canyonlands N.P. here in Utah and he kept thinking that he would find a small stream of water at the bottom of the canyon only to find nothing:rofl: He does have some good tips to staying alive in bad situations if nothing else.

jdub

Scrambler
I watched the one in Costa Rica last night I thought it was a good one. That disentary feeling you get(chills in super hot weather) really sucks. Looked like the fun I had on my religeous excursion. 'Cept the tummy bug came from alot more than just water. I used to go out and find waterfalls to play on too. His experience was alot more dramatic. Costa Rica is awesome! I'm going back in the Spring.

troutbum

cubi-kill
The guy is an idiot...tough and athletic, but an idiot.
examples...
wild horses in the sierras??
Jumping off a cliff and floating 12 miles with an unmentioned lifevest under his shirt?
leaky rowboat in the iceburg field??
Running through the dark b/c he thought he "heard" a grizzly in the bushes??

I guess it is working though I keep tivoing the idiot.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
funny how he says in that video that shade is an hour walk away, yet more than once in that video I can see several opportunities for shade.

And pissing on your head wrap? then wrapping it around your face....right! I'd like to see the show, but I'm not impressed by that short video.

I'd believe it more if he was carrying his own camera instead of hauling around a camera man. How is the camera man 'surviving' out there? Not trying to slam on the show too much as I have not seen a whole episode, but the short video is not that impressive.

The times I've watched it he has been carrying his own camera. He even has stupid scenes where he says something about him having to go back for the camera.

It's entertaining and a lot better than a lot of the other "reality" shows out there. I would rather watch it than dancing with the singing celebrity survivors.

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
"survivor man" (les stroud) has no camera crew. they drop him in the wilderness and come back to find him in 7 days. he films it all himself.

man vs. wild (bear grylls) is more of a survival tip show. he is not as much surviving as showing you how to survive. he is an idiot in my opinion. climbing down ice cold waterfalls just to show you how dangerouse it is, walking across lava flows just to show you his shoes melt.

what makes me mad is man vs. wild is the cool new type of reality show, when survivor man has been on for a couple years, and much more entrtaining.