Manual steering to power steering

Stacey

A guy who works with my wife has a '94 wrangler with a 4 cyl. engine and manual steering, he want to change to power steering. Does any one know or can tell me where to find out what would be a direct bolt in for the power steering box and pump?

Chevycrew

This may be a long shot, but Im thinking the box, pump, brackets, lines etc would all bolt in from a 1994 4 cyl wrangler with power steering?

I guess Im not really sure what you are asking.

Stacey

This is what I thought also, the guy said he went to buy the parts at a part store in St. George, don't know which one, they said there was no such thing. He also tried to have a local 4x4 shop make the upgrade, got no where there either. This has made me wonder why it would be so difficult to change from manual to power steering?

I will go to NAPA, where I usually shop, and see what parts they can get for the guy.

Silly Willy

I'm pretty sure its safe to assume that he could use the bolt on parts listed above from a 93 or 95 as well. As far as I am aware he should be able to go back to 90 as there weren't too many changes in the wrangler in that area since Fuel injection was added.

Anchor_Mtn

Work Less, Travel More
Vendor
You will be able to find the pump, gear and belts/hoses at a local autoparts store. The pump bracket will be a junkyard item.