For Sale MAPAPALOOZA - June 12th - Pleasant Groves

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Asking Price
$10
*CANCELLED*

Are you a map lover? Spend days pouring over a paper map? Well I have something for you, MAPAPALOOZA!!!

This unique event happens once... ever. See, my pal Steve talked me into joining him to buy out the paper map inventory of the once great Utah-Idaho Map Supply chain of stores following their 2018 closing. We thought we would end up with a few thousand paper maps, little did we know it would be well over 20,000 paper maps. Primarily Utah and Western States 7.5M 24k quad maps but hundreds of others too. Some world maps, some 100k maps, just tons (literally) of paper maps.

Did I mention there is ZERO organization to them, they are in giant stacks. Don't ask what we have, all we know is we have maps :D We will have a fleet of tables setup and we will be sorting through the collection to find anything we want to keep.

Pricing will be by the pound. A $20 bill for example would net you 50+ maps (still working out pricing but cheap!!). We don't care what you do with them so long as you come and take a bunch home! And ExpeditionUtah Members get special pricing!

Things you can do with a map:
- Navigate with it
- Wallpaper with it
- Wrap Presents
- Make journal
- Decoupage
- Paper Mache
- Burn It
- Sell It
- Collect it

MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR JUNE 12th!! Pleasant Grove. Address TBD

This video will give you a sample of our map dilema :D

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
And to think how much serious money I paid for all my quad sheets over the years.

- DAA

I remember being excited when they were only $8, and then 2/$8 :D

I still love my paper. One really neat thing about paper maps is what can be found on older ones. The USGS is actively scrubbing things, roads, trails, mines and definitely archaeological sites. Compare a 7.5k topo map from the 60's to one from a digital version today in some areas and there is less historical context remaining.

DAA

Things you can do with a map:
- Navigate with it
- Wallpaper with it

MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR JUNE 12th!! Pleasant Grove. Address TBD

This video will give you a sample of our map dilema :D

It's been gone for five or six years. But, for more than ten years, I had one wall of my garage papered with 250Ks or UT, ID, WY, and NV. My basic AO.

It really was pretty cool to walk along that wall dreaming up adventures. On those larger scale, 250's, I was always drawn towards the white spaces. Explored a hell of a lot of 'em and still go back to them.

- DAA