Maple Canyon Trails & Mapleton/Whiting Campground vicinity ?

Wasatch Penguin

We are taking the 8th graders up to Whiting campground for a few days for an 8th grade campout. Later in May so there is some time to get the lay of the land. I was planning to take the Jeep down and do some exploring perhaps see if there are any good trails in the area. National Forest land it seems so I am guessing there must be a trail or to worth hitting. It would be nice to get some of the kids out if there is anything worth seeing in the area.

Any advice is appreciated.

cja89

As far as I know there isn't anything up that canyon. It's not that far out of town (just over a mile from the mouth of the canyon to the campground) and is pretty narrow. Other than that you could go up Hobble Creek to Left Fork to Pole Heaven Rd (FR027) which will take you all the way up to Provo Canyon. Right fork goes back and connects you with some trails that will take you over to Strawberry, but I'm not sure how far you'd want to get away from the camp.

Hopefully someone else will chime in since I've been wanting to find some trails closer to home.