mary ellen run today

had a blast finally made it up to mary ellen/yankee mines or lower globe what ever you want to name them. the jeep did great no trouble to get up or down. the attempt on forest lake has more challenging to me but i still had a blast. there is snow up there as you can see in the pictures. i didnt go past the lower areas due to the snow. lots of mud up in the trails there. the only thing im now curious about is how hard is it to get up to the pitsburg lake area? ive heard you need lockers and body armor but thats what most rougher trails need i would think. finally got the wrangler rims on my jeep and i think it looks good.

Attachments

• mellen1.jpg
    mellen1.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 38
  • mellen2.jpg
    mellen2.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 34
  • mellen3.jpg
    mellen3.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 47
  • mellen4.jpg
    mellen4.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 39
  • mellen5.jpg
    mellen5.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 35
  • mellen6.jpg
    mellen6.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 35
  • mellen7.jpg
    mellen7.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 35
  • mellen8.jpg
    mellen8.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 36
i knew the trail was named mary ellen i had heard you say it was yankee i think. ive also read others call it globe. so i put all in there. past a few people heading to forest lake and others up into mineral basin. not sure if they were ready for the snow but i said good luck. it was getting dark across the valleys up there when i was on the way out at 5pm.

sixstringsteve

Great pictures! I'm glad to see you've had so many opportunities to take your rig out.

Pittsburg lake used to be legal a few years ago, but it is now closed to 4x4's :(

Once you get past the right hand turn on Forest Lake (1/4 mile in) it isn't tough at all, aside from mud.

yeah i can do alot of little day trips here and there where my schedule changes weekly. i normally take my girl friend but will be going out with some of the guys from work too. one of them made it up to forest lake sunday with all the snow and water in his stock izuzu. oh and bald tires not sure why he attempted but ok. i was thinking pitsburg lake was up the trail after pacific mine. or atleast thats what one of the older guys was telling me at work. but he hasnt been up there in years. well if anything it would be a nice hike good camping i would think.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Pittsburgh Lake is a great hike, 1-2 hours to the lake, hour back down. The lake alone is worth the trip, if your into the mining history, the cabin's and mines in the vicinity make it that much more worth it.