Mashed Potato-NEW TRAIL in MOAB!

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
Excellent!!! Nice to see a new trail opened up, even if it is only just a few obstacles to play on! I would love to get the details on how to get there from 3-D, in addition to the Pickle if you could shoot me an e-mail please? (turbusniper1@yahoo.com)
I have always wanted to try to squeeze my narrowed Dodge, LT's Beater, and the T-Rex 6x6 through the Pickle and with the twist and wheelbase I have I would really like to try Mashed Potato as well! Now I would like to add ChestonScout's Rockwell Scout and CasperCustom's Durango to the mix!!!!! Mopar madness on the Pickle!!!:greg:
Thanks for the info and keep up the good work!!!
Matt

binderman

directions to mashpotato/pickle

I am a new member and live in Grand Junction colorado. I am planning a trip next weekend to Moab and would like to run these new trails. If you could give some good directions it would give me more wheelin time and less time looking.
thanks

surgeryturtle

RedRoxx
Hey, I've been asked this a time or two and I am so bad with maps, coordinates, and the like.

So I went to Google and found coordinates to the Pickle via traildamage.com

GPS Coordinates
(NAD83 Continental U.S. datum)
Mill Canyon RoadN38° 43.616'W109° 43.324' Hidden CanyonN38° 43.651'W109° 46.486' TrailheadN38° 42.596'W109° 47.676'
Driving Directions
From Moab, go north to the intersection of Highway 191 and Highway 128. Continue on Highway 191 for about 13 miles and turn left on Mill Canyon Road. Keep heading west until you see the signs for Bartlett Wash. Follow this trail for about 1.6 miles and you will see the entrance to The Pickle on your right where it dips down into the wash. Keep heading west and follow the wash to the left once you are in it.

Here's the full link as there are multiple maps you can use.
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=177

After you finish the Pickle, follow the wash to the right into Hidden Canyon. You'll eventually see 3D carsonite markers as now you are on the EJS trail called 3D. Eventually you'll find yourself on an easy sandy track headed back east. If you look up to the mesa on your left, that's where Mashed Potato is.
The trail will eventually turn north and come around the end of that mesa. When it does, start looking for a marked trail head on your left and the trail switchbacking up the side of the mesa. There is a sign stating Mashed Potato, with a map. The green marking on the trail is for Jeeps while the white is for horses. Our club has well defined and marked this trail so once you find it, you shouldn't have any trouble staying on it.
At the end, you can turn right and work your way back to Blue Hills road and 191 OR you can turn left and folllow the rest of the 3D trail. It's up to you.
Hope you find it and have lots of fun!