Mattress shopping thread

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
My wife will claim the purple to be the best ever. I am not convinced, but i am a whiney itchB.

You can buy their 'seconds' for less than 1/2 the price.. which is about the same you can buy them on KSL NIB. You loose the warranty option.. but worth the savings IMO.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
You're a tall guy, so sure you're only looking at California King sizes. We bought a second Purple for our 5th wheel and it's a lowly queen model. I don't sleep as well on that one. We are little people, but I need to sprawl out when I'm sleeping.

crawldaddy

Another Purple fan here. Im a big guy and have been dealing with bad back, soar hips and numb shoulders for awhile. Most of that has gone away after switching to the new mattress. We have the Hybrid 3 and love it. It took about a week to get used to it. The best thing is that we don't wake up at 4 in the morning feeling like the heat is working over time like you do on the memory foam mattresses. If you sleep hot you will love how cool the purple sleeps. I hated the price so hopefully I will get a lot of years use out of it.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
You're a tall guy, so sure you're only looking at California King sizes. We bought a second Purple for our 5th wheel and it's a lowly queen model. I don't sleep as well on that one. We are little people, but I need to sprawl out when I'm sleeping.
We looked pretty hard at California king's but landed on a regular king. I fit okay on it and the wife and I really like our space (once mommy-daddy time is over) so the width of a regular king is appreciated.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I sell Malouf Mattresses.
My company is called http://www.editdesignhouse.com/
Look them up on these two websites below:

https://wellsvillebed.com/ (mattresses)

https://www.maloufhome.com/ (beds, bedding: adjustable bases, sheets sets, pillows, etc.)

I'll give anyone in here a sweet 30% off deal.
Just hop on their website and figure out what you want and I'll drop ship it to you.

If you want to stop by our showroom, I have a couple beds and more sheets (and samples if you want to feel the sheets) in stock if you'd like to look at it first.

Last edited:

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
We looked pretty hard at California king's but landed on a regular king. I fit okay on it and the wife and I really like our space (once mommy-daddy time is over) so the width of a regular king is appreciated.
We went with a queen to try and keep the price down. There's a lot of elbow rubbing in the middle of the night now.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I drive past billboards every day offering a free purple mattress. You just have to go work for them. It seems like there is also a warehouse or factory seconds store for purple by the Best Buy on 21st south and 3rd west.

1969honda

Supporting Member
@Gravy Malouf mattresses and pillows all the way! My sister and brother in law both work for Malouf and I held out for a few years being cheap and skeptical. Their mattresses have been amazing for my severally screwed up Army back issues. My wife has one spinal fusion as well and she sleeps great on their mattresses. I've bought a couple different Queen versions and also had a spare apartment for work in SLC with a twin.

I spent a metric sh!t ton on a big name brand Cannon latex gel with memory foam hybrid right before my BIL started working with Malouf, it was nice but only lasted 2 years maybe before we were both done with it.

When there is a good sale I snag a few cookie dough pillows and we give them away as gifts to friends.

N-Smooth

Life’s too short—and you spend 1/3 of it in bed. Might as well be super comfortable!
Yup that's pretty much what we landed on. It's just funny cause if you would've told me a week ago that we were going to spend $4k on a mattress I would've laughed at you.

I also made sure to tell the salesman that out of the 18 vehicles I've owned this mattress is more expensive than like 14 of them :rofl:

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Since the toilet thread spiraled into a bidet testimonial, I figured it’s only appropriate for a mattress thread to devolve into bedding.

We bought a beddys set for our RV because it’s a Murphy bed and impossible to make look nice. When I was living in the RV while looking for a home in Moab, I really grew to appreciate the simplicity of it. We recently splurged and picked up one for our primary bed, and I’m loving it. Making the bed takes half the time, I don’t get twisted up in flat sheets, my fitted sheet doesn’t pop off the bed in the middle of the night, the minky is ridiculously cozy. I’m a believer, and my kids beds will be getting them sooner or later.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Since the toilet thread spiraled into a bidet testimonial, I figured it’s only appropriate for a mattress thread to devolve into bedding.

We bought a beddys set for our RV because it’s a Murphy bed and impossible to make look nice. When I was living in the RV while looking for a home in Moab, I really grew to appreciate the simplicity of it. We recently splurged and picked up one for our primary bed, and I’m loving it. Making the bed takes half the time, I don’t get twisted up in flat sheets, my fitted sheet doesn’t pop off the bed in the middle of the night, the minky is ridiculously cozy. I’m a believer, and my kids beds will be getting them sooner or later.

I don't get it. It's a sleeping bag attached to the bed, basically?

N-Smooth

I love the Beddy's on our kids' beds. It's a game-changer! we got one for our bed and it doesn't work for me. the "blanket" only goes to the edge of the bed so it sucks. the wife still uses it but I just push it to the middle and use my own blanket