Maxterra's 06 Xterra

Howdy all.
Dave from West Haven.
Occasionally on expoUT forum, and after meeting a few of you out at FYOY14, thought I'd join here as well to keep up on runs & events.

I have an 06 that I bought new in 07. Mostly as a midsize replacement 4x4 for work & errands. Then found out it wheeled pretty decently, and off on a steady build of upgrades since then.
First installed a PRG products advanced coilover kit (radflo coilovers, rear shocks, UCA's, AAL's) for 2.5" lift and a greatly improved ride and wheel travel.
Had that for a good 5 years of hard use, whild building and adding full armor, bumpers, etc.
Pretty much taxed the suspension out with weight and hard use.

Coilovers wore out along with UCA's needing uniballs & heims, so made the choice to just go big with what's called the "Titan Swap" and take it to the next level of suspension & capability.

Right after I bought it, making sliders
DSC03108.jpg

Bumper11.jpg

bumper02.jpg

DSC03715.jpg

DSC03735.jpg

Off comes all the PRG advanced coilover kit components after 5 yrs or so of hard use. Everything pretty well worn out.

Man the frame looks fugly! Went up to O'reilly's and got a 3" cup brush for the die grinder and went to town once everything was off and cleaned it down to metal. Coat of primer & black and we're SO much better! Brand new Titan components consisting of M205 front diff w/ ARB locker installed, LCA'sS, tie rods.
Damn if both old rear LCA bolts weren't seized and I had to sawzall them both off!!!

One side all complete and have installed radflo hydraulic bumpstops and poly-performance 14" limit straps (ended up having to double the limit straps as believe it or not, the 7k rating still stretched too far). Everything cleaned up and re-painted along the way. Stainless brake lines installed and anchored into the back of the spindle to keep everything away from the tires, even the remote rez radflos had to be tucked in tight.

In the back, the m226 rear axle (D44 variant) had some rework as well. New dropped and gusseted HD lower shock mounts so I could get all the travel out of the Fox 26" shocks for max travel & articulation. Raised up all the e-brake and brake line mounts & the abs sensor mounts for full articulation w/o pulling on anything. As always, had to add dimple dies to everything that I could. Timbren bumpstops up top for a cush stop at full compression. PRG U-bolt flip kit & diff cover too.

Testing the flex of the alcan 3.5" 500+ springs, shock travel & droop, and making sure everything extended or compressed without problems.

The Alcans are flexible, Very flexible!

Had it up to the point of just balancing on two tires. Everything looking good except for some future front fender trimming soon.

So, List of things on this round of changes:
New M205, with ARB air locker installed.
Titan CV's
Moog LCA's
Moog inner & outer tie rods
Rough Country UCA"s w/sealed moog ball joint
Radflo 2.5 w/remote rez coilovers
Radflo 2"x2" hyd bumpstops
Poly Performance adjustable bumpstop cans
Poly Performance 14" limit straps with upper mount kit
PRG stainless brake lines
PRG u-bolt flip kit
PRG cam bolt kit
Fox 2"x26" remote rez shock from Greg @ prg
Timbren rear bump stops
M226 out of a 2012 w 11k mi.
2" wheel spacers in rear
Alcan 3.5" rear springs w/500# cap.
PRG rear shackles
Rear driveline modified by Seagull Diesel w/parts from Tom Woods
E-locker harness for m226 locker switching
Viair Ultra 200psi OBA

Next up:
4:56 gears
2" BL
35" tires
2nd battery
LED perimeter lighting on new roof rack (in works)
Just lots more over landing gear, mods & accessories!!!!