May 20-22 RME Campout (a.k.a. hangin' with the Hicks!!)

Preffered location for RME campout May 20-22

• Desert Mountain

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Blackrock Canyon

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

britney

Queen of Chit!!
Our other plans just got cancalled, so we have a kid free weekend to spend in the camper!!

We are deciding between Blackrock Canyon(Just south of 5 mile) and Desert Mounain, whichever will bring a bigger and better crowd is where we'll go.

Post and vote if your interested in joining us.
Official location will be determined on Tuesday May 10th.

There's nothing better than staying up till the weee hours of the morning.
Sitting around a fire, and doing some good ole' chit-chat!!!
You know you want to come. :D

Last edited:

Klif01

Do I bother you?
richpblaze said:
I agree Lets go there.

Ahh, bad memories there, my boy scout group got lost following our leader, we had search and rescue come in and get us. But Lets go again, no wheeling I take it or is there trails we can do down there?

Isn't little death hollow close to there, I would love to do that if any of you guys are into backpacking for a couple days.....

Caleb

Brett said:
San Rafael Swell sounds like it'd be funner......Cody's putting this idea together for the same dates........ :greg:

well, if it going to be open to all then he should post up...if not then :confused:

I agree with Hickey, I dont really care where just not too far...

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Supergper said:
well, if it going to be open to all then he should post up...if not then :confused:

I agree with Hickey, I dont really care where just not too far...

Well, it was only discussed last night.......I am sure he'll let you know ASAP on details.

great scott

The swell is my backyard, its a large dome forced up thousands of years ago by volcanic presure. It is quite large and takes up a good chunk of land around I 70 (Goblin Valley). What part are we talking about.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
richpblaze said:
We should go to the bridge in the middle past the rock art.

I can only think of like a half dozen bridges and a few dozen petroglyph/pictograph sites down there ;)

but I think you are referring to buckhorn wash down by the road towards mexican mountain.

The trip I had envisioned involved a big ass loop, camping in the middle, and buggy speed inbetween.....we'll see what happens.

Cody

Last edited:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I would be out for the high speed stuff, as my house/truck would be slow and full of sway.

Blackrock canyon is just a place south of 5 mile, only an hour from my house. Doubt that there is much crawling. Plenty of high speed in the area though.

Does anyone think Mill hollow would be too cold? I know a big free spot near there that is quite beautiful, but might be too cold. Tons of room, but no wheelin.

Caleb

Hickey said:
I would be out for the high speed stuff, as my house/truck would be slow and full of sway.

Blackrock canyon is just a place south of 5 mile, only an hour from my house. Doubt that there is much crawling. Plenty of high speed in the area though.

Does anyone think Mill hollow would be too cold? I know a big free spot near there that is quite beautiful, but might be too cold. Tons of room, but no wheelin.

I think Mill Hollow would be cool but it will be cold asheck up there. Last year we camped up AFC over memorial and it was freezing up there even (and I dont get cold).

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Supergper said:
I think Mill Hollow would be cool but it will be cold asheck up there. Last year we camped up AFC over memorial and it was freezing up there even (and I dont get cold).
You never heard of a fire? A big fire? :greg:

richpblaze

Cody said:
I can only think of like a half dozen bridges and a few dozen petroglyph/pictograph sites down there ;)

but I think you are referring to buckhorn wash down by the road towards mexican mountain.

The trip I had envisioned involved a big ass loop, camping in the middle, and buggy speed inbetween.....we'll see what happens.

Cody

That would be the bridge I'm talking about and it is the only bridge that is in the middle of the Swell