Northern Utah May 20th morning trail run, Israel Canyon to Little Moab

Hi folks. I live near the entrance to Israel Canyon in Saratoga Springs. I thought it would be fun to get a group together and head over the mountain for a morning run.

All are invited. Come for some great views, good times, and the challenge of Little Moab at the trail’s end. Probably a good idea to bring a lunch and a camera. I've been up the mountain several times in recent weeks and it's dry and good to go.

Let's meet at my house at 8am this Saturday May 20th. 2857 S Fox Pointe Dr Saratoga Springs UT 84045

Let me know if there is any interest. I'll be posting on a couple other local forums as well.

Justin

IC%20to%20LM_1.png

Tell me more about the type of wheeling here? Am i seeing it correctly that the trail head is two hours from your house, as i have a trail rig only that has to be trailered

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I haven't been up this year but in the past you could do it with anything with low range and 4x4. I usually come down on the soldier pass road about 15 to 20 miles from where you start. Once you're at little moab there's obstacles you can drive and it moves to more difficult but if you don't want to do them you don't have to. Little Moab is more of a play area than a trail. If you got a trail rig you can either catch a ride back or just run it the other direction, there isn't anything restricting traffic to just one direction. It's labeled Communication road on the map, so keep that in mind for difficulty, at the top are communication towers that need to be serviced and the road is maintained enough for the trucks to get to them.

It's very scenic, at the top you have a great view of Utah County, if you get in the right place you can see into Salt Lake County, and see into Ceder Valley.

Last edited:
Tell me more about the type of wheeling here? Am i seeing it correctly that the trail head is two hours from your house, as i have a trail rig only that has to be trailered

The Israel Canyon trail head is 30 seconds from my house, it's just around the corner. Little Moab (the destination) is estimated about 2 hours or so from my house on the back roads. On the paved road it's probably more like 40 minutes to Little Moab.

The back roads are really just dirt roads where 4WD generally isn't needed. If you have 5.88s and 44s you'll probably be bored doing 2 hours on dirt roads for example. The route up Israel Canyon has a slightly steeper loose/rocky section where you need 4WD but beyond that it's just fire access roads. Little Moab will have much more to offer a built rig.

Think of it as a morning cruise over a mountain with some killer views at the top, and a cool feature at the end. :cool:

cja89

We're having a baby on Wednesday, but I actually think I could make it out there. My wife will probably want me to keep the 2 year old occupied more than help with the new one.

Tonkaman

This sounds like a great idea. If I didn't already have plans I'd join the group just to meet some new faces. Have fun out there and remember to tread lightly with that big group

Looks like we'll have a small group which is fine.

In:
the walrus
Spork
cluff (neighbor)

Maybe:
cja89
rjhoward32006

See everyone tomorrow morning at 8am. Don't forget to bring a camera and lunch or a snack for the road. Also there are no gas stations between my house and Little Moab so you will need to fill up on the way over.

Justin

Last edited:

zukgod1

Senior crawler
Can't go this time but I can watch you drive up the canyon from my house LOL. Have fun, be safe.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk