Mayport Fl (I know, long way)

I'm in the Navy stationed in Mayport, Florida (near Jacksonville). I randomly stumbled across the forum while searching for truck pics (found a whole lot of good ones too I might add!). I joined because of two main reasons: 1) It looks like this forum is dedicated almost solely to what I'm building - a rock-only rig; and 2) I'm up for orders and am trying my hardest to get stationed out that way. SLC, Denver, anywhere in the mid to upper portions of the "four corners" really would be fine. If there's anyone on here that knows ANY military personnel stationed in the mid west that can be of any help to me, by all means, please forwrd them my email and I would be very appreciative.

I currenlty have an 84 Xcab Yota on 35's with some medium mods. Normal engine bolt ons, typical springs, shackles and bumpers. Not so normal 3/4 elliptical rears and custom ubolts in the rear along with a hidden winch mount that allows for front or rear pulls while being hard mounted. It's really supposed to be my "weekend warrior" and spare vehicle while I build on my trail rig, but I can't seem to quit making upgrades to it! The crawler is a 79 Toyota LB that's been in project mode forever because I keep running out of time and money. I just have a huge collection of parts that keeps growing and growing and someday I'll get them all together into a running truck (I hope).

I mostly am familiar with Southeast wheeling including Tellico but have been to 21 road once and Moab for a day. That was plenty enough time to make me realize that's the area I want to be. Hopefully I'll make it!

Steve

Rock Hound!

ROK JNKY
Welcome and good luck with getting stationed out west. Hopefully you can get connected with somebody who can pull some strings.

neagtea

Supporting Member
There is a few navy folks around. Reserve ctr staff, recruters, the joint language center in ogden, to name a few. COLO springs has quite a few navy folks up at NORAD and the Seabee RSS at Fort Carson
There is always the Pacific Northwest and West Coast, both are close to good wheeling
Just my 2 cents
CMC Neagle

Thanks CMC. Yes, NORAD, in particular Cheyenne Mtn, was my #1 choice. Most people don't even know about Cheyenne nor do they realize that other services can be stationed on an Air Force Base. Plus I've had no luck at all in trying to get people to email me back IRT trying to make contacts at some of the bases around there. What makes it even harder is that I'm on deployment right now with very limited internet access and almost no phone access. Don't suppose you have any email addresses for anyone still stationed in the area?

neagtea

Supporting Member
I will have to email a couple friends at Ft Carson and see if they still know people up there. I haven't been out there since Sept 07
No luck with the Detailer huh?
Oh yea the Bees have a Det at Fallon NAS close to a lot of good wheeling.

Thanks for helping me out. I know it's not something you have to do so I am much obliged to you for doing so.

My detailer is brand new and is quite NOT inclined to do anything but tell me to go to CMSID and look for billets there. My NC1 on my ship even knows of him and, without actually saying it, "said" he's not a very cooperative individual.

That Fallon NAS looks pretty good though. I didn't even know about that one. I'm researching more into that one as I write this.

Thanks again.

neagtea

Supporting Member
I haven't heard back from some friends I emailed.
Fallon to the Con is not far, plus fordyce is close.

Yeah, I saw that the Con was right across the border from Fallon; which I can only assume guarantees that there's plenty more wheeling all over that area anyway. Even though, like somebody already said, there's wheeling to be had all over the whole region. Which, of course, brings us back to the reason I want to be in said region in the first place. Good stuff!
:thumbs:

neagtea

Supporting Member
There is a PS billet open at NOSC slc.
No reply from Colorado.
There is Navy Operational Support Centers (NOSC) all over out west. Also a PSD in Fallon
R,
CMC

There is a PS billet open at NOSC slc.
No reply from Colorado.
There is Navy Operational Support Centers (NOSC) all over out west. Also a PSD in Fallon
R,
CMC
Any of those places would be awesome. My detailer says only Lemore, Ca and Millington, Tn are open for me. I'm so bummed. I was supposed to have decided by now, he may have already forced me into something and I just don't know it yet. Still let me know if you hear back from anyone. I've still got my fingers crossed that something good may happen.

V/r,
IT2(SW) Steve Marquardt

P.S. - We just got home from deployment on the 7th!!! Yay!!! Home soil.