Mazda L&A

MetalMulisha

Captain Ewwsah! (USA)
Do any of you know where i could buy a solid axle swap kit for my 92 mazda B2600i? I'm thinking of getting the kit seems how i cant find the lift for my truck. if i do the swap what kind of lift would i have to buy? one for an early toyota? I want to go leaf in the f/r and then just have some long leafs made for it. i just want some input on my truck, please help me out. just want your thoughts, comments, suggestions and other stuff.

rustybronco

Flat Land Offroader
Haven't I seen older Mazda stuffed advertised along with Nissan? I'm probably way off there. Have you tried calling some lift manufacturers? They probably get asked a lot.

Yeah, now that I think of it Mazda linked up with Nissan in producing their cars in like the 70's. Not sure about the trucks though.

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Just fab up your own. Once you remove the IFS, you just need a front hanger assembly and rear shackle hangers. Decide what you want for axles and how much lift you want. Then do some research on what junkyard springs people are using on similar rigs(Toyota). If you use a Toy front end, you could do Allpro's (or any other) Hysteer. For the rear, go with 63" Chevy springs. Both hangers will have to be moved, but you'd have to do that even if there was a kit available.

MetalMulisha

Captain Ewwsah! (USA)
thanks coreshot, ill try that, what do you suggest for the axles? i'm thinking toyota or maybe even extending the wheel base with some ford or dodge 3/4 ton axles

kb7sei

For axles, it depends on how strong you want to be and how much money you want to spend. On the cheap, Dana 44s and Toy axles are everywhere. For the strong, Dana 60s are available, for a price. There's also 12 and 14 bolt Chevy stuff. 12 bolts are probably comparable to D44s, 14 bolts are comparable to D60s.

Under my Toy, I am putting a Dana 44 from an 81 Wagoneer in front. I'm keeping the stock Toy rear end. In retrospect, I would have gone with a 44 front from a fullsize Chevy and narrowed it a little. The Waggy axle has wide spring perches but a shorter axle tube. That puts the tires in the springs with stock backspaced rims. Wheel spacers or custom rims are about the only options to fix it.

In a small truck, the 44s and Toy axles are probably strong enough unless you have a lot of horsepower or huge tires. There are also TONS of options when it comes to gears, lockers, and steering. They also won't need to be cut down to keep from sticking out from the side of the truck. The larger fullsize axles may cause you problems if you don't want to be wider.

IMO, for the front axle, D44s are a little better choice than Toy in stock trim. The joints are eaiser to replace and break less. Upgraded with Warn shafts and CTMs for D44 or Cro-Moly shafts and Longfields for a Toy axle, they are about the same.

Oh, and wheelbase is front to back measurement. The axles themselves don't change that. Track width is the side to side measure that the axles will change.

kb7sei

Well, then measure how wide you are now and find axles that are a little wider. The most common measure online is WMS-WMS (Wheel Mount Surface). For me, the Waggy D44 is a little wider than stock. You would probably want to cut down a Chevy D44. Without that measurement, it's hard to say what you would like. Once you get that, do a little searching here, Google, and pirate4x4.com. Pirate had a link to a list of axles with width and application a while back. I don't have the URL right now, but you should be able to find it. If I do, I'll post it here as well.