Memorial Weekend: Area BFE - Heads up

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
There is a music festival going on at Area BFE this weekend. Because of this, the upper part of BFE will be closed (Comp Course and Parking Lot)

The rest of the trails open for the weekend and are accessible by the lower wash / Strike Ravine trail.

:cool:

yes that would have been nice to know. I sure hope the hippies cleaned up their trash when they left. It was pretty disgusting on tuesday when we finally got up there.

T3n5oR

is this concert happening again this year? trails still accessible from lower wash? bring hipp[ie repellant and donations? no camping in area? what's the skinny? TIA

Olaf

Supporting Member
Desert Rocks Concert May 22-26, 2008

Sorry for the late notice! YES, the concert is happening again this year. AreaBFE is closed to wheeling, and camping unless you buy tickets to the concert. I believe you can get info and tickets at http://DesertRocks.org. These guys have paid to have their event at AreaBFE each of the the last 3 years, so if you're in town, please buy a ticket and support their efforts. This way you can come and go through AreaBFE without any problem.

T3n5oR

so, would we need to buy a day pass to wheel helldo??? kinda pricey, but i would gladly pay if it went all to bfe...i dont know those bands, nor do i care to, for now anyways....