Men(or women) and their Rides.....Emotions upon loss?

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
I just delivered my sidekick I had up for sale to the kid who bought it today...

I knew I would be a little emotional about it, but I didnt realize that it would be to the depths it can get too.

Is this normal? ITS a vehicle? :confused:

Wives, and girlfriends chime in?

I am honestly going to miss my sidekick... badly

Is the only cure is to start on your new vehicle right away? lol

JPNGRL44

Unhealthy Obsession
I think it is very NORMAL...

I am very emotional about our vehicles, I cried when I sold my black TJ, I cried when we sold the YJ, and I cried when we bought Elly (our current tow rig). :eek:

Sometimes I think it is unhealthy, and other times I just realize how vain I am about the vehicles I own and drive :eek:

Last edited:

Meat_

Banned
I still have the Ramcharger I bought when I was 15 and I would sell every single other vehicle I have before I would sell that. And I still wouldn't sell it after I ran out of other vehicles.

OREGON85

from OREGON
I'm 24 and I still drive the same Toyota I bought when I was 16. I couldn't ever imagine selling it. My dad has a '75 FJ40 he bought new that he'll never sell, and I'll probably own both the day I die.

sixb

Will work for beer!
I sold my Dodge dually today and it took everything I had not to back out at the last minute, that and Chestonscout would have killed me. Hopefully I can get motavated to finish my k5 cummins project so I can get my boost fix every now and then.

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
I bought my TJ when I was 18 and both me and my wife know it will be with us through it all. I could not sell it. I have to many good memories and bad ones at that to get rid of it. I think you can grow very attached to a vehicle and if you must sell it then that is what you have to do. I think it's perfectly normal to feel bad when getting rid of your favorite. rig. But since you sold it now it's time to go out and get a new project and waste your money on it.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I've had way over 50 vehicles. Some you're excited to see gone and some you wish you could have kept forever. However, they are just "things". Despite how much we like them, there's still cooler things in your life (I hope).

Surprisingly, I only got emotional on a pile of RS Camaro ('89) that I put 155K on. I have no idea why I liked that car, but it was a solid ride. (it makes no sense as my '82 Z28 was WAY faster and a lot more fun to drive---I let that go without emotional issue at all :confused: ). It was a little hard to let my '77 GMC pickup go. LOTS of sweat invested in that one.

bobmed

- - - -
Kristina bought her YJ when a junior in high school.
She hated selling her old VW bug but she's kept the jeep for 12 years now.
I asked her today if she was thinking of getting anything else and she said no
So we will be getting a new fuel pump and sender, new clutch and another
engine when the 10 year old rod knock gets too bad.

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
I sold my Dodge dually today and it took everything I had not to back out at the last minute, that and Chestonscout would have killed me. Hopefully I can get motavated to finish my k5 cummins project so I can get my boost fix every now and then.

I met him the other day at my dealership :) HE SOLD HIS!.... not to me :bryson:

Bart

Like Marc B I have had many cars (over 50) but there are a few that I would love to have back. If only I could turn the clock back.
66 Bronco
66 Mustang
72 GMC Jimmy
52 GMC 5 window truck
40 Chev truck
97 Jeep LTJ

ID Bronco

I have been emotional about them before, but they are just things. I have resisted selling the Bronco many times however. If I had to I would no problem.

chadschoon

I wish almost every day I could get my old 1971 gmc truck back. I bought it when I was 15 and started the full restoration. Then I put a built to the nu&$ 383 strocker in it with a 150 HP shot of NOS to it. We would take that thing to the track and drag race it and to most of the car shows. It's how I met my wife. She wasn't to happy when I sold it ;)

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Anything you have blood, sweat, and tears into you'll have some sort of nostalgia over. I was pretty bummed when I sold my buggy--and still wish I had it. I also felt kind of bad when I sold my dodge tow rig too. When I sold the old 4.0 ZJ I didn't feel bad, or the a couple other cars.....so it just depends.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Like NoTrax said.....I just sold my truck. There is a thread about it on here to.

It completely was for the best but I did love that stupid truck.

The only thing that made it ok was I found sixb's truck the day the guy picked my truck up. If I wouldnt have had that lined up I would have been in bad shape.

Thanks for not changing your mind David!

I have had the Scout for almost 10 years. I know its not going to last very much longer. The frame is so bent and rusted. I have had so many fun times in it and so many good memories it will be weird when its gone.

BUT...........

They are only vehicles. Its OK to be attached and be sad when they are gone but they are just objects and we need to remember that.