Mental Health Dr. Recommendations.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I've been fond of the Bayou, the Republican, Trolley Wing....

but of the other sort, I have no help to offer.

Utahcryogenics

Formerly "Beerman"
I like the Bayou as well. HAHA

I am looking for more of a private practice, or professional clinic. VMH is more for low income substance abuse types. They are a NFP agency and in my experience those types usually attract low lifes, unemployed, or homeless.

Brett

Meat-Hippy

I am looking for more of a private practice, or professional clinic. VMH is more for low income substance abuse types. They are a NFP agency and in my experience those types usually attract low lifes, unemployed, or homeless.

Pretty much......SO works there and I get to hear about them all the time. Crazy folk.....like this one:

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=3399172

PS, hope you don't know this person!

Utahcryogenics

Formerly "Beerman"
HAHA, no.

Yeah, I have insurance and enough money to cover copays and stuff, the last place I want to go is where I WILL kill someone! I really dont want to call my insurance provider because they will just give me the cheapest guy on their list, or the next guy in line for a referral. Insurance companies are always trying to save a buck while screwing the patient in the end.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
HAHA, no.

Yeah, I have insurance and enough money to cover copays and stuff, the last place I want to go is where I WILL kill someone! I really dont want to call my insurance provider because they will just give me the cheapest guy on their list, or the next guy in line for a referral. Insurance companies are always trying to save a buck while screwing the patient in the end.

Not sure, but maybe try your primary physician? Maybe they could recommend one?

EDIT: My personal choice is some sort of whiskey, solves everything. Except the headache in the morning....

Dominic

Mental health doctors are tough to refer to, what works for someone else might not work for you. I asked the doctors I worked for and they said the best thing to do is meet with a few different doc's and see who you connect with.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Mental health doctors are tough to refer to, what works for someone else might not work for you. I asked the doctors I worked for and they said the best thing to do is meet with a few different doc's and see who you connect with.

My thoughts exactly....
It is like picking a best friend....You have to feel comfortable with the person. Don't be afraid to make consultation appts with a few different people. They expect it and are not offend if you feel more comfortable with someone else. Picking a counselor/Doc is a VERY personal thing. For it to work, it needs to be a good fit.

PM me if you like. I work with MSW's, Docs, and Counselors everyday. Give me an idea of what type of counseling you're looking for and I can try to point you in the right direction....

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
I went to one over in Sandy but the IHC hospital. it was a few years ago and I cant remember the name, but it was a private practice and they did an pretty good job.

StrobeNGH

no user title

What is wrong with places that cater to low-income individuals? Crazy is crazy, no matter how much money you have. Organizations that serve low-income people generally have 10x the experience that other places have.
Paying a lot for treatment does NOT mean that you will get the best treatment available.

But, if you want the most expensive Tx possible, I have a doctorate degree, and will listen to anyone's problems for $15,000 an hour.

EDIT: what ever you do, do NOT go to CHANGES in Sandy. I've never seen such a money-grabbing Tx center in my life.

StrobeNGH

no user title
Not sure, but maybe try your primary physician? Maybe they could recommend one?

EDIT: My personal choice is some sort of whiskey, solves everything. Except the headache in the morning....

But if you keep drinking the headaches never come, right?

Utahcryogenics

Formerly "Beerman"
What is wrong with places that cater to low-income individuals? Crazy is crazy, no matter how much money you have. Organizations that serve low-income people generally have 10x the experience that other places have.
Paying a lot for treatment does NOT mean that you will get the best treatment available.

In my experience, going to places that cater to low income people attract low income people that are hooked on junk. Call me uppity, but I went to college, make a good living, and live in a nice neighborhood to stay away from low income junkie types. I also prefer to stay away from bottom feeding low lifes who do nothing but use the system for every cent they can bleed out of it. Medicaid users are the perfect example of that. I say if you cant afford a car, then you shouldn't be driving one. Same goes for people who are on welfare or medicaid, if you cant afford to go to a real doctor, then you shouldn't be going and using the working mans tax dollar to pay for it.

Now I am NOT saying that all low income people are junkies, or crazy, or whatever. It is just a lot more likely to run into a junkie on 3300 south west valley city, than it is 2000 east Draper City if you know what I mean.

I just want the most bang for my buck, I work hard for my benefits and would like the best treatment for my payments. I also want to go to a location that caters to my income bracket/lifestyle. Again, my opinion may differ than yours but that is me and I am just being honest.

Oh and yeah, I am a doctor too but I charge $25000 per hour for my services. By the time you are done reading this you will be in debt to me by apx $2083.33:rofl: