Metal Sculpting at SLCC

ALF

SURE!?
Well I start my first class back at SLCC on Monday. I decided I'm not getting any younger :eek: so I'm getting my degree. Since it's been a few years and I have to start over (they aren't counting any of the apprenticeship classes) I decided to take my Fine Art credit first. I didn't want anything to difficult to start back with esp. during summer... Mainly something to help me get reacclimated back into the whole thing. Anyone ever take Metal Sculpting? The course description is vauge but it sounds to be mostly a welding class which should be beneficial since my welding skills, although they are getting better, need improvement:greg: .

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
well don't plan on getting too much time on mig or tig. I took this class several years ago and it is mostly oxy acte.. and some brazing for the entire semester with some torch work. You weld plates together, make figurines and a final decrorative project. Hopefully things have became cooler since then:rolleyes:

Caleb

The metal sculpting class was going on the same time my Welding class was and it's exactly what WJ Zuk said, lots of Oxy/Acet and Brazing. I think it would still be a pretty fun class, but don't plan on it being a welding class at all.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
no I still had fun, and you learn some basics. But you make stuff out of horse shoe nails and stuff. I made a spider and a tight rope walker etc. My final project was a alligator made of like 300 washers I brazed together.

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
Supergper said:
The metal sculpting class was going on the same time my Welding class was and it's exactly what WJ Zuk said, lots of Oxy/Acet and Brazing. I think it would still be a pretty fun class, but don't plan on it being a welding class at all.

Same here except I saw a lot of cool art being made. The people in that particular class seemed pretty talented. There were also a few really hot girls.

Zam Man

I took that class a while back and we didn't do any oxy/act. We used only mig.They pretty much told use to get to work and be creative. I thought that it was a fun class.