Mickey Thompson baja claws

4x4less

ELLIS
What do ya'll think of the baja claws?? I ran some mudzillas for a while and they were awesome but bias-ply and terrible on asphault. Are the claws a steel radial?

camcruiser13

they come in bias or radial

which do you want

the bias have taller treads but wont last on pavement, if you run them backwards they will track up/ hold a line better

4x4less

ELLIS
Is that why people run the tread backwards? I always wondered. I have an assist ram with power steering on my cruiser so I don't think I really need to worry about the tracking I will just have to find out which of the two tires this guy has. Thanks

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I've ran both, radials and bias. Radials I got about 30-40K miles out of them. The bias I haven't ran out yet. The radials seemed to hook up better on the rocks than I have seen out of the bias tires. HOWEVER! With the bias tires, I do notice a difference between 15 and 10 psi. This past weekend I ran them down to 7 and noticed even more of a difference.

I've been afraid to run them too low with no bead locks. I have blown one bead at 10 psi. This weekend I never even burped any air. I think they would be even better down around 4-5 psi, which is where a bias tire should be.

So far on this set I have about 10k miles on them an dthey still look pretty new.

With that said, I doubt I will run anything else on my road driven trail rig. If it was a trailer queen, then I'd probably have Maxxis or ? instead. You know, one of those tires that are real sticky but only good for 5k miles.