Midnight 2006 Rubicon Rescue

lenny

formerly known as PokeyYJ
Well, my friend got a call from a person (who shall remain nameless) that was stuck WAY up skyline drive in a brand new 06 Rubicon (he works at one of the dealerships, and this was his demo :D ). So we rallied the troops and headed up to get him, we started up skyline from the bottom of the "B" at around midnight. This was after one of the guys got a speeding ticket from one of Bountiful's finest for doin 50mph in a 25mph zone!! :-\

We had some pretty well built rigs headed up;
98 TJ, 35" BFG Mud's with long-arms, belly up, 4.88's and ARBs front and rear and a Ramsey 9000 winch

97 TJ, stretched to 103", running Tera 60's front and rear with 5.13's (i think) and ARB's, 38" Super Swamper SX's with TrailReady beadlocks, and a Warn XD9000 winch

2001 WJ, (i think) with a 6" Rock Crawler lift and 33" MTR's

Well, the Rubicon was several turns above Buckland Flats trail head, and the snow was easily 24-30" deep, probably more.

As we headed up, the 98 TJ got stopped for a bit which caused me and my buddy in his 97 to have to stop in a bad spot on the road. As we tried to get started off again we slid into the ditch on the side of the road and proceeded to bury his 38's in powder. The other two guys went up and rescued the Rubicon, while me and my friend rallied the 4.0 trying to get out of the ditch. We tried everything from all out 3rd and 4th gear blasts, to crawlin in low range. We then tried to front dig the front end around and back down the hill, well that didnt work. We waited until the WJ came back down and he yanked the crap out of the stuck TJ eventually working it free. But when the other two jeeps stoped they both ended up getting stuck!! :rofl:

After another 20 minutes of straping and winching, all rigs were free and we started out way down the hill. Last minute rescue missions ROCK!! I had a blast! :rofl:

ace

Parts Collector
This was after one of the guys got a speeding ticket from one of Bountiful's finest for doin 50mph in a 25mph zone!!

I have 4 kids who live and play in Bountiful and I can't say I'm sorry he got this ticket. Hope he learns to slow down.

lenny

ace said:
I have 4 kids who live and play in Bountiful and I can't say I'm sorry he got this ticket. Hope he learns to slow down.

Yeah, he probably should't have been going that fast, but it was 12 o'clock at night, I highly doubt that there were kids playing outside at that time

1BadZJ

UNI-Bomber
ace said:
thanks ACE, I thought it was 35mph and was just trying to hurry up to get my friend. It was fun, but cold. I am just glad I didn't get stuck to. I think that I rather had gotten stuck them stopped.

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
1BadZJ said:
thanks ACE, I thought it was 35mph and was just trying to hurry up to get my friend.

Speeding doesn't get you anywhere any faster. Sometimes it actually takes longer. ('course I'm an old bastid and don't like paying for tickets and the accompanying jump in insurance rates that go with them---to say nothing of having to explain to myself or anyone else why I hit a pedestrian or whatever because I was going to fast)

ace

Parts Collector
1BadZJ said:
thanks ACE, I thought it was 35mph and was just trying to hurry up to get my friend. It was fun, but cold. I am just glad I didn't get stuck to. I think that I rather had gotten stuck them stopped.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know it was you who got the ticket. In that case, Stupid cops!!! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :rofl:

lenny

1BadZJ said:

Dont feel too bad!! I got busted getting on the freeway the other day in a 2006 Supercharged Range Rover!! :greg: I don't think the cop thought it was too cool how fast I could accelerate up the on ramp!! :D