Mild Moab trails

airmanwilliams

With our Sidekick about ready to get going again the wife wants to head down south to camp and see the arch as well as explore Moab alittle. So can some of you tell me what are some good mild trails that you think my sidekick can hit without lockers and WITHOUT wanting to break anything since this will be our dd?

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Long Canyon, one of the most scenic drives in Moab. If you do it from top to bottom, it's a 2 wheel drive trail. Bottom to top, you may need 4x4.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
For breath-taking scenery, head south and run Elephant Hill. There are obstacles to be sure, but you won't need a locker--I never engaged mine once.

jp008

I enjoyed Chicken Corners, along with some of the mentioned above trails. I once did Metal Masher in a bone stock Tracker. I did need some assistance in places, but it was fun and challenging. I HIGHLY recommend purchasing the trail book. I'm sure other may agree. I feel it is a valuable tool. It has gps coordinates and good descriptions of the trails.

I HIGHLY recommend purchasing the trail book. I'm sure other may agree. I feel it is a valuable tool. It has gps coordinates and good descriptions of the trails.
^^ This. Just get the book. You and your wife can decide how hard of a trail you want, how close to town, etc and start checking off the list.

sixstringsteve

I HIGHLY recommend purchasing the trail book. I'm sure other may agree. I feel it is a valuable tool. It has gps coordinates and good descriptions of the trails.

x3. Start small. I think elephant hill, fins n things, and hell's revenge are going to be out of your comfort/skill zone. Start with the small trails and work your way up as your skill improves.

I like Long Canyon, Schaefer Switchbacks to Potash rd, tusher tunnel, dubinky well road, and the dirt road into arches.

airmanwilliams

I got a couple books from Lowrangeoffroad this week since I had a ton of credit I was itching to use and now I just need to get a handheld gps to get me around with the book.

sswens1

Lots of good suggestions here. Elephant hill is a must do, stock vehicles are fine. I think that onion creek to rose garden hill is also a must on the scenic trail list, just a few shallow creek crossings and tons of amazing scenery. If you cant do rose garden hill just turn around and head back out. Also the drive out to prichett arch from behind the rocks road is very mild and extremely scenic, great views of the behind the rocks fins and la sals and very stock vehicle friendly.

simplyjeep

Appreciate the input as well on this thread as we will be heading down sometime in June with some friends. Just got a '10 jku sport stock and would like to take them for a few drives.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Everyone is different, but I wouldn't take a stock rig on Elephant Hill. I would want more clearance or you will likely drag front and rear. It doesn't take a heavily modified rig, and stock will likely make it, I am just saying I personally wouldn't do it.