Mild Steel Tubing at Wasatch Steel

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
If you didn't know already, Wasatch Steel is now carrying 1.5" 0.120" and 0.090" wall HREW Tubing and it's fairly cheap (I was quoted $1.70/ft in 20ft sticks for 0.120" wall... so $34/stick).

I spoke with them today about starting to stock 1.75" 0.120" wall HREW and there response was, "If there is enough interest, we would be happy to carry it."

So, I have no affiliation with Wasatch Steel. I just don't like having to drive SO far to get tube.

Who would be interested in purchasing 1.75" HREW from Wasatch if they carried it?

Call them or stop by and ask them to carry it:
Wasatch Steel
243 West 3300 South,
Salt Lake City.
801-4864463

grinch

inner city redneck
Nope DOM. But HREW is fine in my book for internal cage work and stuff that cant actually come in contact with rocks.... Then agia im over my comp rig/buggy days. I only build to play.

KrazyKarl

Dents are cool right?
I work as a machinist, and unfortunately, we have had only bad luck with American made materials. With extruded aluminum bar stock, they skip processes to remain competitive with foreign companies. The American Aluminum we've been getting isn't annealed after being extruded, so when its cut it springs significantly and makes it very hard to hold some kinds of tolerances. The foreign aluminum we get is cheaper and doesn't have that problem. It is sad to say, but "made in America" doesn't really mean much these days. As a country we have become notorious for cutting corners, and skimping where ever possible. It is sad, but as a country, we take a lot less pride in out work as we have in the past. I think that the honest, hard working, detail oriented, perfectionists that we see in our hobby are minority in our country. Now days it is all about the Benjamins.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I went by and picked up some HREW on Friday and asked them about 1.75 again.
Built me a harness bar and a harness bar and dash spreader for dallas' jeep, seemed to be good quality compared to what I've purchased in the past from other places.

Please give them a call so we can get some more tubing options close by. It would be great if we could get them to stock DOM also!

dangaranga

hrew or dom as long as its 1018 or 1020 steel the strength is the same dom has tighter tolerances they both ae rolled and welded

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
i'd be stoked if they carried 1.75" HREW or DOM since they are conveniently located and you don't need a business license or account to buy there. the ten dollar minimum is nice too

they had 2" 3/16 wall DOM outside the other day for $16 :eek:

do they have email? that would be another way to let them know of interest

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
i'd be stoked if they carried 1.75" HREW or DOM since they are conveniently located and you don't need a business license or account to buy there. the ten dollar minimum is nice too

they had 2" 3/16 wall DOM outside the other day for $16 :eek:

Ya I saw that! Should have picked up a bunch

do they have email? that would be another way to let them know of interest

Email the general manager: Lynn Hurst

lynn@wasatchsteel.com