Military MTR discount....fact or fiction

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Its probably true, you can get all kinds of name brand stuff as significant discounts at the ___________. (I can't remember the name!) Basically, theres a large store that you can get nearly anything at, for about 1/2 the normal costs.

Or.......you could sneak on Base and steal the needed MTR's from a Hummer!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by Greg
Its probably true, you can get all kinds of name brand stuff as significant discounts at the ___________. (I can't remember the name!) Basically, theres a large store that you can get nearly anything at, for about 1/2 the normal costs.

Or.......you could sneak on Base and steal the needed MTR's from a Hummer!

Tempt me not!!!:D

it is called the comesary (SP?) or something to that light but i dont have access but a buddy does. i will have to send him on a mission. :D

jp008

I've got 32's and 33's on sale right now. Mounted and balanced $168.00 ea. I called a GY store just up the street and they could even come close to my price. Plus if you are in the Military I will give a 5% discount on top of that.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Commisary is for food. PX (post exchange) is like wal-mart. No you can't get MTR's there I can't even get them for my HMMWV that has bald tires and its the Army's vehicle

ewander

Actually, you can buy MTR's through the military (if you are a member), but they are about the same as everywhere else. They will meet anyone else's price, so they are running a business, just like the rest of us.

It has been my experience in the military (13 years and counting worth), that they don't really buy anything inexpensive, yes some times they buy cheap stuff, but always at a premium price. I am always amazed by the lack of bargan shopping that goes on there.

Just my two cents....:(

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
This place used to have MTR's for way cheaper than anywhere local. He quoted me 183 for 37x12.5 r17 mtr's and 170 for the r15 variety.

www.4x4groupbuy.com

Cody

EDIT: took out the "s"

Last edited: