Miller Motorsports Park 2011 Plans and Schedule

MMP

Miller Motorsports Park
Everybody, I just wanted to let you know whats going on at MMP this year. We have a great year planned for Off Road Events at the Park. Hopefully most of you have been to the track and seen our man made rockcrawling course at the W.E.ROCK Events, Cruiserfest, or other event. Here is a sneak peek at our new addition that is currently in the works. We have partnered with Lucas Oil and are building a purpose built 22 acre dirt course. This new dirt course should open the doors to new styles of Off Road Competition and off road fun in the state of Utah! The event will be home to the Lucas Oil Off-Road Racing Series on June 25th and 26th. Cruiserfest will also be taking place during the Lucas Event. This is a Toyota based show and shine, auction, rock crawling competition, and more. Look for more info on Cruiserfest in the coming weeks. All Toyota 4x4 Vehicles are invited-Trucks, Cruisers, 4 Runners, etc. Our Off Road complex will also host the Ultra 4 American Rock Sports Challenge put on by Hammer King Productions on July 15-16th. This event will bring King of the Hammers style racing by combining the man made rock crawling course with the Lucas Dirt Course for an event like nothing that you have seen before. We will also be hosting the best Rock Crawlers in the World with 2 W.E.ROCK events this year. The first event being held on June 10-12th and we are again hosting the Grand Nationals East vs. West Competition being held on September 23-25th. We will also be hosting the TeraFlex All Jeep Show on June 4th. Watch for additional details on this event in the coming weeks. Another new addition to MMP this year is that addition of Wide Open Baja. You will notice a Wide Open car in one of the pictures below. We will be offering rides in the Wide Open Cars and in our School Jeeps at all of the Major events throughout the season. We will also be offering 1 and 2 day Jeep and Wide Open Adventures that start with basic training at MMP, then you get to experience the Off Road and/or the Dirt Course before heading off site. Also be looking for more information coming on those opportunities. For those looking for a partial day experience we also offer our basic Get to Know Your Jeep and Off Road Adventure thats a 3 hour class going over the basics of Off Road and also helps those of you who purchase a new 07 and newer Jeep understand how all of the computer controlled items work and the proper operating procedures. For those interested in purchasing a new Jeep watch for specials coming up from the local dealers offering this class with the purchase of your new Jeep. We also have a similiar 3 hour program being put together for those who want to familiarize yourselves with a Wide Open Baja Car. I personally had the opportunity to race the Baja 1000 last year in one of these cars and it was one of the best experiences of my life! You will also be able to purchase a car or a seat in the car in the Baja 500 and Baja 1000 through Miller Motorsports Park. The Wide Open cars are the real deal. Some of the instructors entered a Wide Open 205hp buggy in Class 1 at the 2010 Baja 1000 and got 3rd place competing against 800hp buggies. MMP will offer you the best training at the best price for the Wide Open Programs. For more information on Miller Motorsports Park check out our new website linked below of feel free to post up on this forum. I can be reached directly at jrwilliams@millermotorsportspark.com I will answer your questions or put you in contact with the right person who can. I also want to take a quick second to thank the sponsors that help us bring these events to you: BFGoodrich, TeraFlex, Tuff Country, Bully Dog, Black Rock Wheels, Tom Woods Drive Shafts, Expedition One, Superwinch, and Cruiser Outfitters. Remember to support these companies.

Miller Motorsports Park CruiserFest
http://millermotorsportspark.com/ http://www.cruiserfest.com/

Wide Open Baja
http://www.wideopenbaja.com/
Ultra4 Racing WEROCK
http://ultra4racing.com/ http://www.we-rock.cc/

Lucas Oil Off-Road Racing Series Schedule
http://www.lucasoiloffroad.com/schedule.htm

Attachments

• DSC00598 (800x600).jpg
    DSC00598 (800x600).jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC00602 (800x600).jpg
    DSC00602 (800x600).jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC00603 (800x600).jpg
    DSC00603 (800x600).jpg
    50 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

MMP

Miller Motorsports Park
More Pics

Attachments

• DSC00608 (800x600).jpg
    DSC00608 (800x600).jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC00609 (800x600).jpg
    DSC00609 (800x600).jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC00611 (800x600).jpg
    DSC00611 (800x600).jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC00614 (800x600).jpg
    DSC00614 (800x600).jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 31

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
Thanks, this helps U4WDA and clubs plan our outings. Commercial places like this are the norm in Europe and it is nice to know that someone is thinking ahead here in the States. Sad in a way but if people don't fight for public lands it will be the norm here also.

Last edited:

neagtea

Supporting Member
A Few Questions.
1. Are the pits still going to be on the paddock? I know a few racers commented they were glad to pit on pavement.
2. Bleachers?
3. RV parking around course?
4. I guess no Clubhouse seating / or top of the garage since it is on the west side of the rock crawl area.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
A Few Questions.
1. Are the pits still going to be on the paddock? I know a few racers commented they were glad to pit on pavement.
2. Bleachers?
3. RV parking around course?
4. I guess no Clubhouse seating / or top of the garage since it is on the west side of the rock crawl area.

Excellent questions, I'm sure MMP will have more clarified answer but I'll take a stab. Its my understanding that the pits will be on the paddock, just much further west than they were last year. They will be bringing in bleachers and possibly a giant display screen, being that much closer to the track will mean much better viewing. I don't know about the RV parking? There is an event the same weekend on the off-road course to the west and the area directly south of the off-road course will be used for that event as well. There is a ton of room on the west side of the park that is currently just gravel or grass, I'm suspecting they might use some of that? The new LORS track is actually east of the rock-crawl (off-road park) but it is quite a ways away from the clubhouse and day garages so I don't think they will play any part?

neagtea

Supporting Member
Thanks,
I would think they will bring the semi that has the giant video screen that comes out of the top of it.
Should be cool

Manlaan

I know it really depends on the day of the week, but generally, how busy are the open track days on a Saturday? How challenging would you rate the track?

(btw, need more open track days)

Last edited: