Millermatic

troutbum

cubi-kill
Shawn said:
Have any of you built a cable holder for your leads? That side thing is gay...Pics?
I built some into my welding table, used some 1.5" tube to make a gun holster 1/4" rod to loop cable and a tab to clamp the ground to. Welder sits right next to the table so it works for me. sorry no pics

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Shawn said:
ok,,,, explaine it....
IT's kinda tough to explain. A simple pic would be easier.

On the rear plate where the gas bottle rests, he mounted a verticle piece of tube/pipe about 3/4 OD. Pipe is about 6'-4" to the top. It is attatched at the bottom plate, and then the upper bottle support plate. The pipe has several "L" brackets welded to it to hold helmet, cables, hoses. Does an excellent job of keeping the cables and hoses off the ground, but you only have to loop each one once over the L bracket. There is also a little tray that hangs just over the top of the welder to hold anti spatter spray, nozzle gel, tips. On 3 faces of the shelf, there are short nails tacked in place that hold side cutters, clamps and other small tools. Very smart and doesn't take up half the space that you would think it does.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Hickey said:
IT's kinda tough to explain. A simple pic would be easier.

On the rear plate where the gas bottle rests, he mounted a verticle piece of tube/pipe about 3/4 OD. Pipe is about 6'-4" to the top. It is attatched at the bottom plate, and then the upper bottle support plate. The pipe has several "L" brackets welded to it to hold helmet, cables, hoses. Does an excellent job of keeping the cables and hoses off the ground, but you only have to loop each one once over the L bracket. There is also a little tray that hangs just over the top of the welder to hold anti spatter spray, nozzle gel, tips. On 3 faces of the shelf, there are short nails tacked in place that hold side cutters, clamps and other small tools. Very smart and doesn't take up half the space that you would think it does.
Thanks,

You have told me this before,,,, I'm just getting old.... ;)