milling/cnc work for my wheels?

sixstringsteve

I hope this is in the right section.

I've got some chevy rally wheels that I really like, but they don't fit on my toyota. The front hubs are too big for the hole in the wheel. Do you know of anyone who would mill out the center of these wheels so they'll fit over the axle? They're steel wheels. I'm not familiar enough with a machine shop to know if it'd take a lathe, a cnc machine, or whatever. Let me know what you think. Here's a link to what the wheels look like (not my wheels, but same exact style). That little ring in the center has to be removed.

rally.JPG

Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Have you taken into account whether your Toyota is lug or hub centric vs whether the wheels you'd like to use are lug vs hub centric?

I would think that if the wheels you're looking to mill are lug centric, you shouldn't have a problem. IF they are hub centric, then there might be an issue.

Don't take my word for it, it's just something that popped into my mind.. Others i'm sure will chime in.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I think those are 88+ GM wheels. The older ones should work, since they're designed to fit over the older lockouts, which the newer trucks didn't have.

mierdota

i can do it for you i have both a cnc mill and a lathe so let me know what you want to do give me a call 801-657-1938

CJenson

I ran a set of white spoke wheels that were meant for a chevy on my 86 4-runner. I actually used a plasma torch at work and uses that indentation for a guide. I had no problems at all. It does require a steady hand or you may have ugly consequences. Like stated in the first post, my wheels were lug-centric style.