Mineral Basin - NAXJA IC run. 8/28/04

iceaxe

Backroad Adventurer
IMHO there isn't a more beautiful place to meet up for a trail run than Tibble Fork Res. early in the Morning.

ICMineralB01.jpg

Some 20 plus rigs show up including EZ and a couple wranglers as well as the guy from Renaissance 5 Studios to do some filming. Such a good turn out they decided a small group would break off and do Mary Ellen Gulch while the rest of us would run up through the Rock Garden and Mineral Basin. All of the rigs were prepared for the trail and the Garden wasn't too difficult, I had an excellent spotter, Eric I believe, and the next thing I know we were already headed further up the basin where I hadn't been before. Perfect weather, clear blue skies, scenic trail, meeting some new folks, it was a good run. I'm not aware of any carnage (vehicle damage or breakage) for this one.
Click here for my photo album of this run.

th_ICMineralB11.jpg

Last year I wasn't able to play on the rocks so much (before)
http://community.webshots.com/photo/84108967/89183033jniCOA
This time up things were different (after)
http://community.webshots.com/photo/158586876/181483024fzddys

XJEEPER

GREAT RUN Folks!! I was very impressed with the turnout for this run and hope everyone had as good a time as I did. I think I counted 28 XJ's at Tibble Fork lot, plus it was good to have some non-XJers along from RME and U4 as well. I think the run was virtually breakdown free as well, as I like it......thanks to the leaders and spotters too.
Mary Ellen Gulch is a fun, moderate trail with some great vistas and cool mining history to explore, it was good to have EZ and Rick along to educate us on the canyon and it's history....thanks guys.

Looks like you guys drove right past the "Private Property, No Tresspassing" signs that were tossed into the bushes as you come out of the trees, just below the Snowbird lift.
Our group that ran up Mary Ellen Gulch in the morning and Mineral Basin in the afternoon had a great time as well, and when we discovered the signs, we pounded the No Trespass sign back into the ground next to the trail, FWIW. I would be great if the Bird would let us run up and over the mtn and out Little Cottonwood Cyn, but I guess to filter out the jackasses that like to vandalize stuff and make thier own routes, you have to lock out everyone......too bad.

Great run anyway, looking forward to doing it again soon. I met some new folk and thanks to all of you for supporting our chapter.

DevinB

I like traffic lights
XJEEPER said:
...plus it was good to have some non-XJers along from RME...

...Looks like you guys drove right past the "Private Property, No Tresspassing" signs...

Not only was I a non-XJer, I led the group! Talk about embarrassment, 15 XJs getting led by a beater YJ up Mineral Basin...
As for the sign, we drove past it then asked permission from one of the tenants up next to the lift. He said it was okay, just don't stay too long, which we didn't.
It was great fun, thanks for letting me tag along... or lead, whatever. :D
Devin

Last edited:

iceaxe

Backroad Adventurer
You know the real reason you where up front with the camera man was so hopefuly the non XJ's wouldn't show up on the video right?

:D ;)

utahxjer

Looks fun, hopefully I can get the XJ out of the storage shed and on a trailer one day and go have fun. But funds are slim right now:(

87jeep

rockhopper
DevinB said:
Not only was I a non-XJer, I led the group! Talk about embarrassment, 15 XJs getting led by a beater YJ up Mineral Basin...
As for the sign, we drove past it then asked permission from one of the tenants up next to the lift. He said it was okay, just don't stay too long, which we didn't.
It was great fun, thanks for letting me tag along... or lead, whatever. :D
Devin
i agree it was littel weird being in the middel of all the xj's but it was a fun trip.