Northern Utah Mineral Basin - Saturday June 7 - anybody want to go? Is it open?

William Waddy

I'll be up in the Lehi area on June 7 and would kinda like to run the Mineral Basin trail up American Fork canyon. I don't want to run it alone and would like to be with others who were more familiar with the trail. Anybody want to go? Anybody able to lead?
Cheers,
Bill Christensen
St. George, UT

Hardy6pack

I'm meeting a couple people out there at 10:30. It's my first time so not sure what trails there doing or what's there

just so it will be fun

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I think that's a good call. Even if most of the snow is off the trail, it's still going to be a river from all the melt coming off the slopes.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I have been on the trail when its a river. Actually quite fun but still safe. Bill the trail is easy compared to things you have done in your Liberty. I would not hesitate running it by yourself if it comes down to it. It is a really pretty trail with the run off and waterfall coming off the canyon walls that are not there most of the season. I say do it with or without someone to go with you. Its easy to find and you cannot get lost one you are on the trail.

William Waddy

Turns out I have some problems with the Liberty I need to fix before I drive it up north (including the A/C), so I won't be able to go this weekend. Still, I hope this thread has inspired some of you to get out and go wheeling this weekend. I hope to make it up there some other time. Cheers

Greanbeans

i was gonna say a couple of my buddies are going to be going up there on the 7th i wont be up till later that night but ill be running it probably Sunday if all goes well.