Northern Utah Mineral Basin

spacecase

Out Crawlin'
headin up to mineral basin sat the 26th.

meeting up at maverick off the highland/alpine exit @ 10 am

i'll be in the red yota with silver doors. <-- see the pic in my avatar.

Troop92

Well crap, of all the weekends for me to plan a campout for Scouts. I'll get up AF one of these days, I've lived here long enough....

Last edited:

Troop92

Do the roads up AF close? IE Mineral Basin, Forest Lake, and Mary Ellen? Do I need to beat a deadline if i want to wheel them this year?

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
yeah kevin, get your t-cases done another weekend! come out and wheel.

No choice, I'm burning up a bearing or something in my 4.7 case and need to pull it before I wreck the gears. I grabbed a 2.28 case from chicken77 that I'm learning to put together (slowly :D), if I get it done in time I'll be there. I wheeled this truck exactly twice with the stock case and truly suck at it, so I hope you don't mind the smell of roasting clutch.

They do close the gate once the snow gets too deep, Kyle. I'm not sure exactly how late in the year that normally happens, but I'd guess there's at least a month left?

clfrnacwby

Recovery Addict
What's going to be rush hour, Andrew? Will most hunters be coming down at dusk, or after dark?

You'll have hunters moving around the canyon all day. Some will drive up MB with their quads early in the AM to get to their hunting spot before the sun comes up. Others will be driving the roads all day looking for something "easy" to shoot.

spacecase

Out Crawlin'

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
87838d1334008562-lake-harding-this_thread_is_worthless_without_pictures.jpg

spacecase

Out Crawlin'
some of the other guys took pics and video. i left the phone in my truck, turned off..

hopefully they will migrate to the forum. kyle said he would make sure i get em.