Mineral Fork???? Info needed...

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
OldGeezer said:
Yes, by driving on the bridges you didn't have to back up dozens of times to make the swithback turn.

So were the wooden bridges taken out by the runoff?

If I am correct, you arer saying that the bridges just made the trail easier, it was still possible in a full-sze vehicle without the bridges?

Thanks again for your insight... I have never had the opportunity of checking out Mineral Fork and I think it is possible that it be re-opened to the public.. any info is appreciated...

Where is bobdog on this one, I know he must know something about this canyon... there has to be others of you that do as well... :D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
mbryson said:
There's an Alphagraphics downtown that will do almost anything. They're kind of used to catering to the legal community and get some 'interesting' requests. Alexander's Legal Copy is pretty good also.........

Thanks for the heads up... any word on getting the copy Pauderhound? I am more than willing to do some chasing around to get it copied... :D

Paudrhound

Yep I'm working on it. Local shops here couldn't do it justice. I'll go to the Alhpagraphics here in the valley. THanks for the heads up. Let you know tonight.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Paudrhound said:
Got the photo copy of the map it turned out good. Shows the area very well.

Thanks! I can't wait to see it...

Some of you may wonder what good "old" maps are...

They are huge in asserting RS2477 and the States 10yr statute...

So don't toss em'... send them my way... ;)

Caleb

Paudrhound said:
I'll look into getting a copy made.
I can't locate Cardiff Fork.....Days Fork after the maze of road right off the main road it turns into a trail.

I show Mineral then Mill D South Fork then Days fork....could Mill D South Fork be Cardiff? MDSF is sandwiched between Kessler Peak and Reed & Benson Ridge. It is a road going up that canyon, to the base of Superior Peak.

After looking at your post on Cardiff this is the Canyon....it is called Mill D South Fork on my map it is definitley a road...the junction for the canyon is in the middle of the bid bend on my map. Not by Mill D North Fork.

FWIW, on a current TOPO program I have it lists it as Mill D South Fork and it has it list as a road...the program is called National Geographic Back Roads Explorer...

OldGeezer

cruiseroutfit said:
So were the wooden bridges taken out by the runoff?

If I am correct, you arer saying that the bridges just made the trail easier, it was still possible in a full-sze vehicle without the bridges?

Thanks again for your insight... I have never had the opportunity of checking out Mineral Fork and I think it is possible that it be re-opened to the public.. any info is appreciated...

Where is bobdog on this one, I know he must know something about this canyon... there has to be others of you that do as well... :D

Yes, The bridges were washed away. A small Jeep sized rig could side-hill beside the creek and not need the bridges but the side-hill was washed away too.

I've been meaning to take my dirt bike up there but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I, for one, would like to see it re-opened to 4x4's. Along with Cardiff and White Pine Lake in Little Cottonwood.

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
HA! Funny you mention that. I have mountain biked up to White Pine and man it is a hell of a bike ride!! I would love to see it open too. (fat chance).

I plan on writing a letter to the FS next spring volunteering to clear the trail of all dead fall and obstructions so as to provide access to the reservoir for maintainance purposes and also to provide access to fire fighting crews. Of course this all would be enabled by vehicluar use by a select group of few. :) I can't wait to see their expressions when they say 'no thanks' and I asks them for their rejection letter in writing!! When there is a fire up there I will go to the news stations and show them the letter and tell them how I volunteered for free to go clear the ROAD of deadfall so fire crews could get up there faster, but they declined and now look at how the entire canyon has burned......tsk tsk tsk.

Sometimes it is worth having ROADS in our forests.

EZ

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
cruiseroutfit said:
Just got a letter back from the USFS.... read the web for more info...

http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/landuse_mineral.html

I just sent another round of questions to the USFS concerning this any any other trails...
Kurt, you da man...
What Can You Do?
Take a minute to write/email the following:

Coming Soon!

Yeah, I stole this from your website, but how soon before the email adress is available to us?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
bryson said:
Kurt, you da man...
What Can You Do?
Take a minute to write/email the following:

Coming Soon!

Yeah, I stole this from your website, but how soon before the email adress is available to us?

Soon... :D

And there will be sevall address...

2.1 miles of LEGAL USFS trails in SL County... thats a bunch of crap...