Mines, Caves, and Slot Canyons...

sixstringsteve

My in-laws decided they wanted to experience camping with us, so they came down and we planned a fun trip for them. They'd never been to any of these places, so there were a lot of first experiences for them.

Mesha and family joined us and we headed off on Thursday morning to explore the area. It was a really really fun trip. Here's the video of the trip:

[video=youtube;I91hmi-a8uA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I91hmi-a8uA[/video]

ricsrx

Steve thanks for posting, that is so cool! that must have been the power plant in price canyon, and 9 mile canyon?

sixstringsteve

Correct, that's the power plant in Price canyon. We had intended to do 9 mile canyon, but the land we wanted to go on (Argyle Canyon) was Federal land, and they had it closed off. We had to modify our plan more than once due to roads being closed due to the gov't shutdown.

We took Reservation Ridge to 191, then headed from 191 to the power plant.

Troop92

Cool vid, thanks. So irritating that roads are blocked off. Yes, we need the Gov to drive on a road for some inexplicable reason... Ugh.

neagtea

Supporting Member
Cool vid, thanks. So irritating that roads are blocked off. Yes, we need the Gov to drive on a road for some inexplicable reason... Ugh.
I am thinking the geniuses spent way more money to close stuff than to just leave it be.

roverrocks

Great video and music. Enjoyed the parts in Sego Canyon with water flowing and a bit of snow on the ground. I want to get there in the winter sometime.

sixstringsteve

Thanks. We were surprised to see the flash floods. When we started up the canyon, there was about 1/2" of hail covering the ground everywhere. Then it started getting warmer and all the hail melted and caused the flash floods. It was very cool to see.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
The flash floods were great! Some guys got trapped on the other side of the stream when the snow melted. We had Sego canyon all to ourselves after that. I am thinking the VW bugs and subaru wagons didn't want to ford the streams:).