Northern Utah Mini-QTD, Sept 26th & 28th, American Fork Canyon

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
If everyone could bring a bundle of firewood or two, that'd be hot :)D). I'll bring some, but I can't afford to warm all ya'll.

I have a little to bring.. But one of you will have to split it. My hernia said no last time I tried.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
So whats our final count? I need to know for some material that I'll be bringing.

The list in the OP is accurate to the best of my knowledge. I don't know if anybody who posts on ExPut but not here is going to be attending (it'd be rad if they did), and I have no idea what the Lone Peak folks are doing or if they even know there's a shindig Friday night (but they're obviously welcome too).

odyseuss

I am planning on attending. Is there any more information about additional or alternate service projects other than the fence.

Kevin B.

I don't have any more information, no. Kurt has hinted that the FS has plenty for us to do, so if it's too wet and cold to stain the fence at Graveyard Flat (and I think it will be), I'm sure we'll be put to work somehow.

Everybody bring raingear.

jeeper

A ton of the fence up there has been cut and stacked... Seems like in preparation for new fence this weekend.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
A ton of the fence up there has been cut and stacked... Seems like in preparation for new fence this weekend.

Correct, we will be staining the fence (weather permitting) and building fence. If the stain is a bust due to rain, we will all go out on fence build projects.

Team1k

Does any body have some extra, not important batteries that they would let be used for the welding class? I have the battery in my camper and the truck I will be driving up in.. But if something were to go wrong, it's a long walk out of the canyon without a battery ;)

I have batteries that could be used. Not sure i can make it up there by the 6:30 start time though. I live in lehi near the 2100 freeway exit(right before cabelas exit when heading north) if you wanted to pick them up. Or we could work something else out. Shoot me a PM if interested.

jeeper

I have batteries that could be used. Not sure i can make it up there by the 6:30 start time though. I live in lehi near the 2100 freeway exit(right before cabelas exit when heading north) if you wanted to pick them up. Or we could work something else out. Shoot me a PM if interested.
NOW YOU TELL ME!!! :(

I just barely bought a second one..

If you want to bring them anyway for extras or a second set up it couldn't hurt.

jeeper

Questions for those attending classes Friday night:

What is our level of welding experience? None? proficient?

Are there any specific questions you might have about trail welding that I can be sure or answer or research?

I'm just trying to get an idea of where to start..

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Glad to help. I'll be in the JKU because of the weather. A heater, wipers and roof could be very welcome this weekend?

Welding: I'm not good at it but haven't had a weld come loose that I know of. So I guess I don't totally suck but the point of this type is to get your junk off the trail. Who cares how it looks?

Team1k

Questions for those attending classes Friday night:

What is our level of welding experience? None? proficient?

Are there any specific questions you might have about trail welding that I can be sure or answer or research?

I'm just trying to get an idea of where to start..

I'm curious what type of welding are we talking about. Two batteries in series with some rod and jumper cables as leads? Or we talking about portable welders like a ready welder? I'm really hoping to make it for this training but it's not looking good :(

Kevin B.

I don't know anything about stick. I have a flux core rig and can glue two chunks of metal together. Sometimes I get lucky and it doesn't look like complete crap.