Missing compass article???

JPNGRL44

Unhealthy Obsession
I sat down to read our compass this evening and I was sorely disappointed to NOT find an article by Tara???

Although there were several other intriguing articles I have come to look forward to Tara's articles; I hope there will be more in the future.....

Last edited:

Meat_

Banned
From what I understand Jodie had everything laid out before Tara got her article and pictures in, so it will be used in a future issue. :)

I sat down to read our compass this evening and I was sorely disappointed to NOT find an article by Tara???
I love the loyalty! That's weird though that it wasn't in this issue. Considering the fact that I had everything in by the due date, maybe this is someone's way of telling me I'm no longer welcome to write for the Compass. :spork:
Ya I was looking forward to the one she sent in to :(
Only cuz you're in it! :p
From what I understand Jodie had everything laid out before Tara got her article and pictures in, so it will be used in a future issue. :)

How odd. I was told by Jodie herself that the deadline for the article and pictures was February 18th, so I actually finished the article on vacation to make sure it was in by that date. Funny, the first time I actually have an article in on time, it doesn't get included.

Meat_

Banned
Then I must be wrong.

We absolutely want you to continue writing, I am not the editor so I would be guessing at any thing other than that.

Bart

I love the loyalty! That's weird though that it wasn't in this issue. Considering the fact that I had everything in by the due date, maybe this is someone's way of telling me I'm no longer welcome to write for the Compass. :spork:

You just keep on writing, cuz I really look forward your articles also. You the girl, girl! Maybe it was some long winded old geazer that took all the page space.:sick:

Whew, at least I'm not getting booted from the Compass. I must admit to thoroughly enjoying writing and being able to write about my love of rock crawling is really the best. :chris: I'm more than willing to share space with an old geezer. :p I was just confused when Kami said it wasn't there when for the very first time EVER, I actually had it all in on time.

Meat_

Banned
I love that we have a few girls writing for the compass now (Jen and Tara) I love reading their articles! :D

There may be another part time'r soon :ugh:

I really want to drum up enough writers so that Jodie has to stress over which articles to use instead of stressing over whether or not there will be enough to fill the issue. We can't really make the print issues any bigger because of cost, but maybe in the future there can be added contend online???? Dunno, just thinking out loud.

Caleb

There may be another part time'r soon :ugh:

I really want to drum up enough writers so that Jodie has to stress over which articles to use instead of stressing over whether or not there will be enough to fill the issue. We can't really make the print issues any bigger because of cost, but maybe in the future there can be added contend online???? Dunno, just thinking out loud.
If your goal is to get web traffic then that's not a bad idea. Otherwise your going to possibly alienate your current subscribers and possibly your writers too. IMO, a better idea is to have a "cache" of articles. Then during the slower months there's not just filler content. A lot of articles aren't time sensitive and can be published at any point...if ya know what I mean :D

Meat_

Banned
...Otherwise your going to possibly alienate your current subscribers and possibly your writers too...

Do you think it would? What I was thinking was maybe the pdf of the mag had more pages.... We've always wanted to have a cache of articles, but at most we might get a few extra occasionally.

Last edited:

Caleb

Do you think it would? What I was thinking was maybe the pdf of the mag had more pages.... We've always wanted to have a cache of articles, but at most we might get a few extra occasionally.
The reason I say that about the subscribers is one of the benefits to paying the yearly membership dues is receiving the Compass mag, if you can get more content for free online, people may be willing to wait the extra month or so it takes for the Compass to get posted. The reason I say that about the writers is obviously (by this thread) the writers like to see their stuff being published in a print mag. Anyone can put an article online, but it's much more difficult to get it in print.

Caleb

Of course, something else to consider is, can you make more money online from web traffic by having more content up there? Web traffic can be very valuable if you make good use of it, and having Shane in your camp gives you the "weapons" to do just that. (I'm sure Shane loves me volunteering him for stuff :rofl: )

FWIW, I'm just throwing some thoughts out there :D