South-East Utah Moab After Christmas

Misfit02

Being from SLC we are used to the cold, so no big deal. But we are going to do Arches and some hiking, but I was wanting to hit some trails like fins and things, hells revenge and porcupine rim. Are the 4x4 trails even a consideration for this time of year? we are maybe going the 26-28 of December.
Land Rover LR3

Thanks in advance

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
We were just there and had a blast.
If there is snow on the ground avoid all slick rock trails, and go for dirt roads.
Snow on the slickrock trails is fairly rare, but we did it once and nearly died, over and over again.

amp713

Buddy is currently down there....... Im currently at work..... Jealous doesnt begin to cover it! Wish i could head down after christmas but i have a lot of family i need to go visit and dont see that trip lining up

Tonkaman

We were just there and had a blast.
If there is snow on the ground avoid all slick rock trails, and go for dirt roads.
Snow on the slickrock trails is fairly rare, but we did it once and nearly died, over and over again.

Exactly what he said. Don't even fool yourself about slick rock with snow on it, it's a death trap! That being said snow is fairly rare especially this year, and if it does snow just stick to the dirt trails. Moab is beautiful in the winter

MoabUtah

Adventurer
had a 70 % chance of precipitation day in Moab, oh nine days ago? Rained all day. Fortunately visiting 4wheelers kept to the pavement, at least on Gemini Bridges and Bull Canyon trails. I was out there Saturday and the roads were glorious. Please if the trails are mucky, do some pavement tootling around, as there isn't any maintenance of the trails. I was glad we didn't have to navigate petrified deep ruts after that rain.
bull canyon.JPG