Moab April 4th and 5th

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
I'll be in Moab Fri & Sat. Friday I'm only running half day and Sat I was planning on Golden Spike (poison spider-->spike-->gold bar). I'm actually taking my parents down since they've never been down there and they keep asking me what and where Moab is :D My mom is pretty fearless, but my dad is a wimp when it comes to risky stuff so I'll probably get a few laughs out of him crying' like a little girl. Let me know if anyone wants to go on a run Saturday. I'm open to other trails if other people are running other stuff and don't mind us taggin' along.

Later,

Mike

Klif01

Do I bother you?
Hey, I am going to be down there with the fam. We will probably just end up running fins n things cause my dad has a stock taco, and he doesn't want any really crazy stuf. But We might be able to get him on Hells Revenge. What is golden spike like? Anyway we will come down friday evening and will be hiking on sunday or the other way around (hiking saturday running a trail sunday) We are probably gonna end up camping in bartlett wash

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
Golden spike probably isn't the best trail for a stock taco. I'm sure it could be done, but you don't want your dad to beat you if you ruin his ride :D

I'll be at city market bright and early @ 8am on Sat.

Later,

Mike

Klif01

Do I bother you?
Well, I know he doesn't want to mess his truck up. His first 2003 taco got totaled in a rollover about a month after he got it. This one only has like 2500 miles on it. And he doesn't want any damage. No skidplates though cause I looked at his thingys under the door. Time for me to build him some sliders like mine.

Klif01

Do I bother you?
LOL, My dad does need it, to look nice or somthing.........I ruined my stock one a while ago, And I rarely hit the one I have now. So no other options on trails?

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Gold bar would be good for him, or even Metal Masher. I like to run MM and the head over to Gemini bridges, head out to the DHP road and then back down long Canyon. That way you get a fun trail, cool arches, and a scenic drive.

I'll be down there watching my wifes little brother race mtn bikes down Moab rim. It takes them 4-5minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marc

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
Originally posted by Klif01
So you wanna meet somewhere then?

It depends on what you guys are going to run. I don't want to do fins n' things. The only 3 trails that sound appealing right now are:

Golden Spike
Pritchett
& Maybe Hells revenge.

Klif01

Do I bother you?
Actually Golden Spike and Pritchett I think is out for my dad. I would love to do that with my truck but I don't think my dad is up to it in his taco just because he doesn't have any protection. I think he would be fine on Hells Revenge, but is there a bypass for that last tippy section (where the wall is angled really close on your left right before the end of the trail). Anyway if you have any other trails you want to try let me know and I will meet up with you guys at city market I guess

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Mike_Lib

It depends on what you guys are going to run. I don't want to do fins n' things. The only 3 trails that sound appealing right now are:

Golden Spike
Pritchett
& Maybe Hells revenge.

Rusty Nail is fun.....I like it more than Golden Spike. I intend to be down there, but the T-case needs some attention and I just did the budget last night......if all the cards fall right, I'll be there and the cards just got dropped. We'll see where/how they fall

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
Originally posted by mbryson

Rusty Nail is fun.....I like it more than Golden Spike. I intend to be down there, but the T-case needs some attention and I just did the budget last night......if all the cards fall right, I'll be there and the cards just got dropped. We'll see where/how they fall

Cool, let me know how it turns out. On second thought, last time I ran a trail with you we were all jinxed :eek: Maybe we should go our seperate ways this time :D ;)

mbryson

Supporting Member
Originally posted by Mike_Lib

Cool, let me know how it turns out. On second thought, last time I ran a trail with you we were all jinxed :eek: Maybe we should go our seperate ways this time :D ;)

Maybe, but I won't be toting a big farking white barge along with me.......

mbryson

Supporting Member
Originally posted by WayneXJ

Strike ravine;)

LOL...........we'll have none of that kind of talk.....I'm keeping all the glass this time.

Mike: The usual.....Pritchett, Lower Helldorado (I heard you did upper in the barge--that true?---How'd the first little dealio go?), Lower Proving Grounds..........then eat, sleep, wake up then probably run Rusty Nail and may Metal Masher if there's time after that, eat, sleep and run some moderate stuff for scenery......

I haven't done Behind the Rocks for a couple of years. That one's kind of fun and I think my seat has recovered from White Knuckle......maybe. I'd like to do a night run (or evening) up the 'Rim and check out the 'new' play area up there. Supposedly competion ready according to Moab Austin on Pirate.

I get a kick out of Onion Creek for a nice easy day. Kind of fun splashing in the water .........(OK, so I'm 3 years old.....is that a problem?)

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
Is Wayne going down too? Me do upper? Yeah right....that was a bad rumor....do you know how much meguiars it would take to recover from that? :D Give me the keys to Cody's grand and I'll do upper in a second.