moab april 6-8 never been looking for someone to show us around

first off ive always wanted to go to jeep safari and now im going to part of it. ive heard that most if not all the trails are closed saturday the 7th is this true? if it is would there be anywhere that i could take my stock grand cherokee. I love checking out old mines and seeing how they might have operated i dont mind hiking so thought about heading into arches for the afternoon. if you have been down to moab or from there and have any suggestions that would help me and my dad out.

thanks

paul aka mustang_boy

sixstringsteve

x2 on the Charles Wells book. Most of the trails are documented well enough that you could find your way with the book alone.

I recommend:
- fins n things (great intro trail to slickrock. Starts out easy and ends "intermediate")
- long canyon (scenic, no real wheeling)
- Bull canyon (very scenic)
- I can't remember if you have sliders or not, but Hell's Revenge is a very popular and fun trail. I'm sure it'll be packed that weekend though.
- another one I've been dying to do is Tusher Tunnel. Not difficult at all, but a cool place to explore on foot.

rholbrook

That book is for sell in every C-Store in Moab. I use it everytime I go and scratch notes on the trails. I try go on one new trail each time I go.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
I am an excellent guide but things are all expensive and busy during EJS so I avoid the area. The Wells book is an excellent resource as mentioned.

roverrocks

traildamage.com is also a good source for trail info and trail pictures of many of the Moab area trails if you haven't checked out that site before.

Plumcrazy

Formerly GVHS
So do you already have reservations? A place to stay and all? that is the weekend of EJS and it is crazy busy. A lot if not most trails are shut down for the Jeep Safari and limits public access. EJS is awesome, but if it is your first time and your not part of the event is will be crowded and figuring stuff out could get pretty overwhelming.

Just a thought. If you do not already have reservations you will be SOL. and camping anywhere close to town will be challenging.

sixstringsteve

Sounds like you've got your ducks in a row. Make sure you can make it to Moab for the RME BBQ on memorial day weekend, that's going to be a fun weekend.