Official Moab - AreaBFE - pre-RME BBQ Run (May 26th, 2012)

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
We'll be hitting AreaBFE this year for our Official RME BBQ run on Saturday morning!

Date: May 26th, 2012
Time: Meet at 10:00 AM

Arrive at AreaBFE parking and join a trail group of your liking. We will likely divide the trail groups into mild, medium and extra spicy and hit three separate routes. AreaBFE offers routes for most all 4x4 vehicles so don't be intimidated! It's all about fun here.

We are in need of trail "helpers". I like to keep the groups loose and fun so there's no need for formal trail leaders, but it would be good to have some people there who have experience with the trails who can help out and even spot others as needed.

Which AreaBFE Trails? To Be Determined

What to expect? Madness... and then food.

Can you attend even if you won't be at the BBQ? Absolutely. But why wouldn't you attend such an awesome BBQ?

thenag

I have never been to Area BFE, I was under the impression that stock-ish rigs should stay away, that it is more of a buggy type area. Is that correct or is there stuff that my father-in-law's tj with 33's will have fun and not get trashed on?

I don't think we will be going to the bbq due to our dog, not that he doesn't like bbq's but that I don't want to break the rules of the park and ruin the good name of RME...

We will be in Moab that weekend, so we will be around.

Nater

sixstringsteve

I have never been to Area BFE, I was under the impression that stock-ish rigs should stay away, that it is more of a buggy type area. Is that correct or is there stuff that my father-in-law's tj with 33's will have fun and not get trashed on?

I'm also curious about the not so wild trails up there.

I don't think we will be going to the bbq due to our dog, not that he doesn't like bbq's but that I don't want to break the rules of the park and ruin the good name of RME...

it's a bummer about the no-dogs at the park. On the flip side, Moab does have a very cool dog park (but no RME BBQ at the dog park :(). Last year we all tied out dogs to our trucks in the parking lot and it wasn't a problem.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin

We will be in Moab that weekend, so we will be around.

Nater

There are routes all through the park that bypass a lot of the nasty stuff, especially on Green Day. Trails like Helldorado and other are a different story. So yes there still some fun to be had in a stock-ish rig.

The dog thing at the park sucks but the parking area is gravel and there are even some shady areas that if they were tied up and checked on frequently they would be perfectly fine. :) They just don't want the dogs on the grass or bothering the duck pond which is far away from the road.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
We will be there!!! What better shake down run is there for a newly built rig on an all day Thrash fest in BFE!!!!!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
It's windy at bfe but not bad. the drive out to be is crazy windy on 191 but as soon as you get into the canyon it's not bad.