Central Utah Moab Aug. 9-12

Bonker

Another vote for elephant hill. Fins n things is a good warmup for Hells revenge and both can be done relatively quickly. Top of the world is another good one on top of those already mentioned.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
The trails I seem to never miss are Hell's Revenge and Moab Rim. Pretty sure those are the two trails I've done every time I've been over the last 11 years. I also frequent Poison Spider Mesa almost every trip for a quick, fun run.

I would never suggest Kane Creek to my worst enemy. Did it once and it was stupid. I thought my friends were going to never talk to me again because it was my idea to run it due to other people recommending it to me.

I've done Steelbender a number of times in fact we used to do it every EJS cause it was open. It is a long trail and is kinda boring.

Did Strike Ravine for the first time last year. It was a cool trail and I would recommend it.

You definitely need to do Fins N Things at least once as well.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
It was good to talk with you this evening. Thanks for stopping by.

As I mentioned, call ahead to fully investigate the rental situation. I strongly recommend Outlaw Jeep Tours to everyone--they have fantastic customer service and are great people.

Oh, and I would also recommend Elephant Hill. Yes, it's a bit of a drive to get there... but it's a beautiful trail with great side trips at the end. I did the slot canyon hike and I thought it was very much worth it... and I hate hiking. :thumbs:

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
The trails I seem to never miss are Hell's Revenge and Moab Rim. Pretty sure those are the two trails I've done every time I've been over the last 11 years. I also frequent Poison Spider Mesa almost every trip for a quick, fun run.

I would never suggest Kane Creek to my worst enemy. Did it once and it was stupid. I thought my friends were going to never talk to me again because it was my idea to run it due to other people recommending it to me.

I've done Steelbender a number of times in fact we used to do it every EJS cause it was open. It is a long trail and is kinda boring.

Did Strike Ravine for the first time last year. It was a cool trail and I would recommend it.

You definitely need to do Fins N Things at least once as well.

Why did you hate Kane Creek?

zkeys

I will second the Mill Creek swimming hole. If you park at the power plant there is some descent swimming right below the dam. It is a little challenging to get down into the canyon, but there is a small trail about 50 yard below the dam that has some foot holes to climb down. Just be careful of the drunk/high local kids doing back flips into a 8 foot deep 6'x6' spot below the dam.

Follow the trail up the creek to a few large swimming holes and waterfalls. Stay to the left when the canyon forks. Keep an eye out for Indian rock art as well!

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
I would recommend strike ravine as well. I didn't finish the whole thing, went into recovery mode when my dad broke a rear axle on his TJ, but it is one I defiantly want to get back and finish.