Moab Camping spots???

04nachotaco

Its wells
Where is the best place to camp in moab, we are looking for a place kinda alone and away from alot of others... or where is the best place for camping you have been???

Dominic

If you are looking for unimproved camping (no toilets or amenties) I have always been a fan of camping up kane creek road. After the first river crossing there starts to be some really nice secluded spots on the right side of the road. It's close enought to town but still far away from people. I have gotten my fifth wheel down there but it wansn't the quickest drive in. It's perfect for tent camping.

If you are looking for improved spots Canyonlands in town is the nicest in my opinion, Portal RV park has some beautiful spots down by the river as well.

Floydargue

New guy
My friends and I go up Willow Springs road and go off one of the many off shoots of that. You are close to the main road, but still secluded. The road is along 191 about 10 miles north of town, and about a half mile north of the Shell station/RV park that is out there (in fact one of the off shoot roads goes into the RV park). The road has a sign pointing to it going either way on 191. We have always had good luck there.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
There used to be some really cool sites up by the pickle...it is out of town quite a bit but it is secluded as hell. You can see the lights from the airport from where you camp lol. I haven't camped in Moab in quite a while...I went with friends that had crap-tons of travel points to score us sweet hotel rooms!!