South-East Utah Moab for Thanksgiving

chicken77

throttle jockey
Headed down to Moab for Thanksgiving. This will be the first trial trail run for the new drivetrain in the Toyota. So anyone else going down for the long weekend? I am planning on starting out slow on a few easier trails and maybe working up to Behind the rocks on Saturday.

Coco

I was debating going, but it didnt sound like any of my group wanted to go. I might come tag along if you dont mind?

chicken77

throttle jockey
I don't know if my rig is Pritchett ready yet....... And the more the better. We are heading down Wednesday night and spending Thursday with family but wheeling Friday and Saturday.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Bunch of guys on that social media thing planning on being down there, myself included. Probably run Hell's on Friday- open to suggestions otherwise.

chicken77

throttle jockey
Hells would be a good trial run for the toyota, I could get the rescue/tow vehicle to most places on that trail ha ha

chuck85

Myself and a good friend will be down there wed night threw sunday. We are planning on running tripple threat thursday thanksgiving day if anyone wants to tag along

dbach

thinking about going to moab during thanksgiving wkn . will be available fri to wheel moab trails . I like hells revenge , fins or any thing not over a 6 rating . going hiking at canyonlands sat so fri will be my only day I can wheel moab, I will keep watching this forum and let you guys know if I can make it

chicken77

throttle jockey
I think we will be hitting Hells on Friday and probably some fun easy trails Saturday like Tusher tunnel and things of that nature.

dbach

ok i'am going . I like hells revenge on Friday , may be fins if time allows (since they are close together )too busy saturday hiking in canyonlands to wheel .don't want to start too early Friday( vacation you know ) need breakfast and wife needs time to get ready , thinking 10:00 ish ? will that work ? will meet in town or trail head

N-Smooth

I'm thinking we'll be starting Hell's at 9 for whoever is interested. If you want to wait until 10 you could possibly catch up to us depending on our pace and your pace of course

Alcancia

I'll be there with my wife's extended family. My plan is to head out early (~3AM) on Friday morning, on the trail by 9AM. Thanksgiving Moab trips are a family tradition. There's enough rigs in the family to make a group of our own though, 7 at current count. We'll have our 15 month old and another will have their 5 week old. With that said, we set a pretty slow pace. Everyone down there will probably pass us on a trail at some point.

Haven't finalized trail plans yet, but Pritchett was on our list too.

chicken77

throttle jockey
Got the truck all ready to hit the trail.........I think

Looking forward to getting out and meeting some new people. We will be in a red, white and yellow Toyota.

N-Smooth

New "official" time for Hell's on Friday is 9:30 AM. Look for the two white XJ's, we'd love to wheel with some others