Northern Utah Moab in December?

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
NOOOOOOO Don't do it!!!

You can do the simple trails, like tusher tunnel fine, but anything with obstacles or slick rock, is covered in snow, and becomes slicker than Ice.

We had a bad experience. Tonkaman still cries himself to sleep over it occasionally..

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
If it does ever stay cold long enough to snow down there then avoid the slickrock as mentioned, but there are few sights that can compare to the red rocks and cliffs with snow on them, so make sure to get in some scenic roads and easier trails.

Thursty

I gets plenty cold down here to snow and have it stay around for a while but, its Utah, you never really know what the weather will be like. There could be three feet on the ground with temps below freezing or it could be sunny and 60.

Tonkaman

I would definitely plan the trip and deal with whatever weather you get. Just DO NOT underestimate how nasty snow covered slick rock is

XJEEPER

I've wheeled Hells Revenge in late January.......shady sides were......interesting. I say go for it and if there's significant snowpack, spend some time exploring less-visited 3-6 rated trails with scenery, like Polar Mesa, Sevenmile Rim and Steelbender. At trip down into Canyonlands Needles District would be an awesome adventure as well, head over Elephant Hill and into Devils Kitchen, hike the Joint Trail with the potential of photographing snow covered slickrock spires in Chestler Park.

spencevans

Overlander
More often than not the trail in the area will be snow free. White Christmas' are more rare than they used to be here in the beehive state. It is not unusual to be golfing into December and January here in Northern Utah. Two years ago was a very mild winter and I didn't even shovel my driveway all winter here in Farmington. We just did not get any snow in the valley. It's hard to tell but I would not hesitate to plan a December trip. You are also welcome to come on the Freeze your Tail Off 5 trip that week that many of us will be attending.