Moab is for girls (vids)

GOAT

Back from the beyond
I broke my rig the first day out so I ended up riding b*tch with Jenn. She took the LJ out to some 4+ trails and ended up doing pretty good. The looks from the spectators and guys that didn't make the obstacles were priceless:greg:

IMG_2837.jpg

Rocking potato salad hill
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v650/atxzj/?action=view&current=jennPSH.flv

Mickey's
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v650/atxzj/?action=view&current=jennmickeys.flv

Rock chucker
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v650/atxzj/?action=view&current=JennRCH.flv

Widowmaker
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v650/atxzj/?action=view&current=Jennwidowmaker.flv

Tipover
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v650/atxzj/?action=view&current=jenntipover.flv
Thanks -Marcus

Last edited by a moderator:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Awesome! She's a good driver, looked like she clawed right out of Mickeys Hot Tub. I'll have to show my wife those, she'd appreciate them. :hickey:

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Awesome! She's a good driver, looked like she clawed right out of Mickeys Hot Tub. I'll have to show my wife those, she'd appreciate them. :hickey:

Thanks!

I put a center limiting strap on the front axle and it really helped on the climbs

I tell ya, I spent a ton of $$ going to EJS including buying that big *ss trailer. All that only to break but, seing her beat the crap out of that jeep made it totally worth it. :rofl:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Thanks!

I put a center limiting strap on the front axle and it really helped on the climbs

I tell ya, I spent a ton of $$ going to EJS including buying that big *ss trailer. All that only to break but, seing her beat the crap out of that jeep made it totally worth it. :rofl:

At least you got to ride b**ch! :rofl: What'd you end up breaking on yours?

GOAT

Back from the beyond
At least you got to ride b**ch! :rofl: What'd you end up breaking on yours?

Pulled the rear axle assy tonight. I broke the crosspin in the rear locker after it complete wallowed out the carrier:ugh:

Gonna install a spool for the meantime until I can put some real axles under there this fall.

yellowbronco

Cuts Through Grease !!!
Damnit!!!! I can't get the vids to load:mad2: Cool pic though. A badass rockcrawling wife/GF is PRICELESS!!

Last edited:

Bart

Thanks!

Would you care to share how you did the center limiting strap? Since I added the coil overs in the front of the LTJ they completely unload on steep stuff. I've thought of a few ways to do it, but would like to see something that is proven to work. I've even been playing with the idea of a seperate winch underdeath.

MRJ

Just a user
Would you care to share how you did the center limiting strap? Since I added the coil overs in the front of the LTJ they completely unload on steep stuff. I've thought of a few ways to do it, but would like to see something that is proven to work. I've even been playing with the idea of a seperate winch underdeath.

x2 for pics. My front unloads as well. I provided the Dirtsports trail run some cool uphill wheelies:D

Clifton said he wished he had a camera on me all day-_-

Bart you should check out the suck down winch write up on Stu off road.

Bart

x2 for pics. My front unloads as well. I provided the Dirtsports trail run some cool uphill wheelies:D

Clifton said he wished he had a camera on me all day-_-

Bart you should check out the suck down winch write up on Stu off road.

I can relate. Yeah, I just read that piece on Stu's sight. Love that sight btw. I've been looking for a place on the axle or frame to mount a winch, in fact I still a 1700 Warn I used on my FTM buggy a few years ago.

Sorry for highjacking the thread. BTW, I love to see ladies driving these harder obstacles in Moab. Good spotting too.

GOAT

Back from the beyond

Well, its a little ghetto fab but, it works really well. I went by Rocklogic to pick up the tabs and strap and Seth was giving me crap about it:greg:

I have a total of $40 invested and its adjustable from 2" of slack to the point of someone having to sit on the front bumper to hook the links. I though it would be noisey but, I cant hear the chain even at low speeds.

I also want to install a suckdown winch like Stu's on my rig. I have been eyeballing this one for cheap
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=91781

PICS
m_33997221.jpg

m_33257111.jpg

Meat_

Banned
...She took the LJ out to some 4+ trails and ended up doing pretty good. The looks from the spectators and guys that didn't make the obstacles were priceless:greg:...

:cool:

That's freakin' awesome! Girls make really good rockcrawlers! :hickey: Good spotting too, there wasn't any yelling. I appreciate that.

So I guess that means Yellowbronco saw them, and I don't have to help his PEBKAC ass?

Last edited:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That's a new one for me, I like it! And in the sake of all fairness, my husband does quite well most of the time, but occasionally in moments of high stress he has been known to speak to his loving wife in less than respectful tones. We are working on this. :)

Bart

Okay, that's funny. I was also thinking of a chain for a temporary solution. It's the only way to have slack where/when you need it, and also reisitance. Glad to see it's working.

yellowbronco

Cuts Through Grease !!!
in moments of high stress he has been known to speak to his loving wife in less than respectful tones. We are working on this. :)

I was going to make some derogatory remarks and say some potty-mouth words...but I decided not to because I love you soooo much(googly eyes).

:rofl: :rofl: