Moab July 5th & 6th

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
...Thought I would post to see if anyone wants to meet up for a few trails.

I'm running golden spike on Friday the 5th and Pritchetts on Saturday the 6th. I've got a few people interested and we'll most like meet at city market between 7-8am on both Friday and Saturday. I'll be driving the tall black station wagon. :D

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
blahh, who needs AC.

Mike, I would come down but I'll just be returning from Mexico so I won't be able to swing it.

Cody

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
Originally posted by WayneXJ
I would if my ac worked.....

A/C? Cody did just fine with out A/C last week...Then again he has the custom full air flow going courtesy of the sawzall :D

You could always tow your XJ down with your Dodge?

Cody, That's cool. Have a good time in Mexico and stay away from the bars with mules and women on the stage! Let me know the next time you go to Moab....I'm game any weekend.

Later,

Mike

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Cool,

When I get back I want to run up AF canyon or up in the uintahs or something. We'll have to head up on a Sunday or something.

Cody

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
Originally posted by Mike_Lib

A/C? Cody did just fine with out A/C last week...Then again he has the custom full air flow going courtesy of the sawzall :D

You could always tow your XJ down with your Dodge?

Cody, That's cool. Have a good time in Mexico and stay away from the bars with mules and women on the stage! Let me know the next time you go to Moab....I'm game any weekend.

Later,

Mike

Yeah, I have borrowed a trailer before to get it down there. Right now I'm just going to figure out a way to flat tow it. It's not so much the wheeling, but the drive there and back when I like a/c. If I can talk my wife into it I just might try to make it for the 5th and 6th.

moabjeeper

Man Down!!!!
You have problems? Try wheeling and hot air is blowing in the cab. Thats hot but I dont mind. No heat is going to stop me from wheeling. I might be able to go down but i wouldnt run prit. but maybe golden spike. I know of some peole that might want to go. I'll ask them

Last edited:

Brent

another nobody
I may be down that way that weekend, I'll see what I can do, I'll pass on golden spike, but if I can swing it I'll see you at city market on sat for the pritchet run, and what do you think about behind the rocks backwards for the ride out?

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
Looks like there may be a change of plans. Everyone that was supposed to go has flaked! My friends are being pussies and saying it's "toooo hot" for them. I agree it's hot, but I'm still up for it if I can make sure people will be down there.

If all else fails I guess I could try AF canyon???

Brent,

You going down for sure?

Later,

Mike

Brent

another nobody
Originally posted by Mike_Lib

Brent,

You going down for sure?

Later,

Mike
the brother in law is suposto have a tub on the third, he needs help putting it in and finishing up a few things before he starts to sheet rock, so it depends on if the tub comes in, and if I have someone to watch the kids if I go, and if I can get the wife to let me take a day in moab. and then if I get an interview anywhere that will come first. I'll know like friday night if I'll be able to be there.

Beestieboy

Keep on keepin' on!
Hey Mike, if you are going to run AF canyon, I'll go with you and I'm sure my bro in law will too. Any excuse to wheel is a good excuse. I could probably pick up the tires from you then too.

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
Dave,

I may have a small change of plans. I guess I may go to Moab after all. I'm itchin' to try some of the tougher stuff down there. Give me a buzz tomorrow and I'll let you know whats up. I'm going to be dinkin' with my jeep all day and if all goes well I'm drivin' out tomorrow night.

I'm not looking forward to driving with SX's...they are about as bad as boggers on the road!

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
Yup, plans changed. I came to Moab early and wheeled today (the 4th) and I'm running pritchett in the morning (5th). If anyones' interested we're meeting at City Market at 7:45. Look for a black grand and a red XJ.

Later,

Mike

Brent...I'm going back home the evening of the 5th, so I can't do a run on Saturday. Have a good run if you go out.

Beestieboy

Keep on keepin' on!
Mike, how did the fender trimming do? I really want to see how you did it and how it turned out. Man your rig was so nice looking. I'll call you if we end up going to little Moab on Saturday. I hope Moab wasn't too hot! Dang, it's hot up here, I can't imagine it down there. :eek:

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
The fender trimming worked out fine. No rubbing at all this weekend. Pritchett was a little worse than I expected (since I've never run it before). It was a long day on the trail, but the WJ made it through with only minor damage and one broken axle (luckily I had a spare).